Remote Control Sound FX Box - make your figures talk (USB, MicroSD, WAV, MP3)

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pixelpiper

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's a hassle replacing batteries inside individual figures, but an even bigger hassle opening up a display cabinet to clumsily press a button hidden somewhere on that figure only to trigger some limited pre-recorded sound you can't even change. Invariably batteries are removed and built-in sound effects never get used.

How about a single sound box instead that can play dozens or even hundreds of sounds that can be hidden inside the cabinet (out outside it or wherever you want) and triggered by remote control? Power it with batteries, ACDC adapter or connect it to your existing lighting.

I'd like to gauge interest in a sound effects box which can be discretely placed in a cabinet and controlled by remote to give your figures speech, music or any sound effects (lightning, etc.)

And a sample video (final product would be smaller and have a nicer remote):

[video=youtube_share;G0badm3Us5k]https://youtu.be/G0badm3Us5k[/video]

The video above is of the latest functional prototype I built a few weeks back. The prototype is solid, but the overall parts cost and labor for me to make one is much too high for me to offer them for sale on a custom-order basis. Even if I sold the current prototype build for $200 I'd still consider it a loss, so I really need to make a new circuit board and integrate a number of the components I'm using to lower the cost and drastically simplify wiring and assembly. This is a lot bigger investment (for me) and resource intensive than making a head sculpt and/or commissioning a set of clothing. :) So I very much want to gauge interest, knowing that I'm also going to have to sell such product to a wider audience to have any hope of breaking even.

Some of the specs/capabilities...

Remote control without line of sight, works at over 30 feet away
12 triggers, one or more sounds per trigger (short press, long press, sequential list, random list)
Single play, hold & repeat, self-repeat, background play with additional sound mixing/overlay, sound-interrupting and cancelling features
Length of sounds and number of sound files/samples limited only by storage capacity
USB mass-storage and/or ejectable micro-SD card - works with any computer - load it with WAV, MP3 or OGG sound files in any bitrate, mono, or stereo
Small but powerful (and loud) full-range speaker
Adjustable volume control
6-12v ACDC or Battery powered

Upgraded version with external 5-12v outputs that can optionally be triggered along with the sounds (example use: flashing overhead lights with thunder sounds or putting a spotlight on a specific figure when its sound is triggered - or lighting up a figure's own lights only with the sound activated)

Last edited:
I don't know if I want any of my figures to talk but I can definitely use this to play "glass shattering" entrance song for my Stone Cold figure. I'm interested!

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk

This would be great to make a "functioning" 1/6 CD/radio player where the box can be hidden either inside the walls of a 1/6 diorama or inside the cd player. I have actually wanted a functioning 1/6 music player for a possible diorama. Since the box will be smaller, that is a plus. I would be interested.

This would be great to make a "functioning" 1/6 CD/radio player where the box can be hidden either inside the walls of a 1/6 diorama or inside the cd player.

With the power triggering it could also set off lights on your radio, maybe a VU meter - even set off a spinning turntable if you wanted it to. :)

Oh wow. That sounds cool. Would it be possible to display the name of a sound byte file? I would think it would require soldering an LED display to the box.

Hopefully this will be available by the time I complete my Stone Cold figure!

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk

I would be VERY interested in this!!!...I already have you in site for q bunch of the light sabres for Star Wars but adding sound to a particular fight scene....it would just compliment the overall presence ofit all...:)

Back