Rick O’Connell boots.

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwing

Super Freak
Premium Member
Reaction score
Boots are being made. Should be printed soon and will show fitting. Possibility of paint vs unpainted. Boots will have real tied boot strings. Price tbd after printing cost is figured. Buyer to pay shipping and fees. IMG_1520.jpeg

Those look great, they will look superb once painted and weathered and the surface grain will help a lot achieving that effect, wish I had the spare cash to buy a set to paint and upgrade my Rick Oconnel figure.

I’ll be all over this!
Semi-flexible resin sounds like a great idea. Would there be a greatly increased risk of paint cracking with that though?

Bought up everything else I need for an O’Connell; just hope I’ve got the skill to make my own holster since I missed the last run.

Never used flexible resin. My research showed that a mix of regular/flexible resin gives the best of both worlds. It looks like an added $10-15/pair as it’s more expensive. I should have the regular set on the 9th for test fitting. If all goes well I can get a $ for a printed set excluding shipping.

Never used flexible resin. My research showed that a mix of regular/flexible resin gives the best of both worlds. It looks like an added $10-15/pair as it’s more expensive. I should have the regular set on the 9th for test fitting. If all goes well I can get a $ for a printed set excluding shipping.
Can’t wait.
Assembling an O’Connell figure is the cherry on top of the Brenaissance.

Ok boots came in. Two sizes. Both fit on three different bodies I have. Currently using the JXSO1. Only difference is the base of the boot. Larger looks better. Next step is test painting and lace testing. This weekend. IMG_1600.jpegIMG_1599.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1598.jpeg
    IMG_1598.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Boots are done. Won’t come painted but I can supply the lace if wanted. I use waxed lace.

Attachments

• IMG_1620.jpeg
    IMG_1620.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1619.jpeg
    IMG_1619.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1616.jpeg
    IMG_1616.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Boots look great, mate. Also loving that Imhotep sculpt with the exposed lower jaw; did you sculpt it?

Thanks and no on the sculpt. I found a file on Etsy for a Rick and Imhotep set. We test printed and it came out too big. Being reprinted now.

Semi custom made. Used a base from a toy, molded it and cast. I do have an extra or two if interested. MSG me.

Back