1/6 Scale Jurassic Park Jeep (scratch build)

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaCroix

Reaction score
I’ve enjoyed making projects and dioramas from scratch for years. I’ve wanted to try my hand at scratch building 1/6 scale movie, tv, or cartoon vehicles for quite some time. I completed the Scooby Doo Mystery Machine a few years back. Jurassic Park is my all time favorite movie. Sadly, my childhood dream of building a scale model diorama of the entire park, for the Kenner toys, is not feasible. However, 1/6 scale Jeep is.

I started this project back in 2017. My research process lasted quite some time. I started gathering measurements and endlessly looking at screenshots to try and get as accurate as possible. I made a little bit of progress on the actual build, then I had to shelve it.

I picked it back up a few months ago and realized that some of my measurements were off. Nonetheless, I decided to finish my ‘rough drafts’ and see how they’d turn out.

Once complete, I will take measurements again and see what needs to be tweaked. Ideally, my ‘final draft’ will consist of resin copies of many of the smaller parts, rubber tires, working lights, and a resin coated body for stability.

Here is my progress so far:

Attachments

• IMG_6736.jpeg
    IMG_6736.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6739.jpeg
    IMG_6739.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Back