Batman v Superman Kryptonite Spear 1/6 *UPDATE 9/14 Second Run Open*

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoggieDoc

Super Freak
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
*** Sale info ***

I'm now taking orders secured by payment on the Kryptonite Spear accessory. The spear comes in two parts that snap together (at about the midway point). The parts stay firmly together without the need for glue. All pics are of spear simply snapped together, no glue. The spear tip and cage around the base of the tip are glued firmly in place.

I am offering the spear painted and unpainted. I suggest the painted version because the spear is made and painted unassembled and then put together. To send an unpainted version means it will be fully assembled (though split in the middle) and then shipped, making it a bit more difficult to paint, but ultimately it is your choice!

I will leave orders open for a week or two to start before getting the first batch rolling. In the meantime I will be casting spear tips as they take a long time to cure. I will let everyone know if/when I am closing the list.

Painted version:
US: $93 shipping included, as gift (or add 3% fees).
International: $83 plus shipping to be determined on individual basis (usually around $23) as gift (or add 3% fees).

Unpainted version:
US: $63 shipping included, as gift (or add 3% fees)
International: $53 plus shipping to be determined on individual basis (usually around $23 but varies) as gift (or add 3% fees).

PayPal is [email protected].

US: Simply send amount as listed above to secure your order.

INTERNATIONAL: Please PM for shipping quote. I will get back to you as soon as I can (VERY busy at work right now) and then you can pay the full amount all at once instead of making multiple payments.

ALL: PLEASE include your SS name in the PayPal payment so I can keep track of everything and PM or post in this thread if payment is sent.

This project has been fun and I hope I it's lived up to expectations. Thanks, guys!

Official paid list:
1) Universal Key
2) TD12
3) GeneralZodLives
4) Lazaro
5) Turtle882
6) gameangi
7) mwaarrkd
8) njlanman
9) Old Grandpa
10) wwe_michael56
11) Spangles

Second run interested list:
1) kgrhoad
2) hudav
3) jaymig926 - Paid
4) Rabu
5) AwesomeUsername - paid
6) **16k**
7)
8)

PREVIOUS UPDATES:

*** UPDATES AS OF 6/16/16***
Ok guys, a little bit of update information and a few questions for the masses. I am in the final stages of the prototype so I will have a physical spear in an almost completed form to show off soon. The spear will NOT be made out of metal, as I went a different direction with design, thus it will be made out of plastic instead with a translucent, green resin spear tip. I am still considering a light up feature but I think it will compromise the design and structural integrity too much, but I haven't ruled it out.

I have updated all pictures in the first post to show the progression of the project, from movie stills to my design to some of the actual, physical pieces. I realized I could potentially offer this unpainted versus painted. It will obviously be a tad cheaper that way, and if you feel like doing your own paint work I am all for it. Otherwise I will be painting up my prototype to give you an idea of my abilities and thus offering a painted version.

Please let me know how you all feel about the lighting and the paint. In general the opinions I am getting about light up feature is not worth it for the price increase and potential detriment to the original design.

*** UPDATES AS OF 6/30 ***
So I got the second prototype print in. I think the sizing is perfect! The details are all the better for it as well, so that's nice. The spear tip is the final piece that needs to be made. The one in all the pics is a bit of a placeholder. I still need to refine the shape and size, and then cast it in green resin. The prototype will be painted up as soon as possible. Let me know what you think, and hopefully we can get payment and orders rolling soon!

*** UPDATES AS OF 7/4 ***
The prototype is finished! I have pictures later in the thread and I have also copied them into the first post. I will have cost information very soon, but it is looking pretty close to my original estimate, though a tad more as materials ended up being more expensive in the end. Feel free to let me know what you think and I look forward to getting these out the door. Be aware that production is unfortunately somewhat slow because the resin I am using has a a very long cure time, and I will of course be hand painting these.

Previous project threads:
Returns glider. https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166163

1/4 Devito umbrellas. https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165876

Interested:
1) JonEl
2) Old Grandpa - Paid
3) GeneralZodLives - Paid
4) Mwaarkd - Paid
5) Grimslockisking
6) wwe_michael56 - Paid
7) Helghan
8) Rambler
9) Turtle882 - Paid
10) FryFizzle
11) Positron