Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure - 1:6 head sculpts + (possible) clothing

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Joy Snyder of Joy & Tom Studios has delivered some most excellent sculpts from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. So-crates would approve.

Bill, Ted, and Rufus all come in two versions. Available painted ($150) and unpainted ($45), with or without a neck. Free shipping with in the U.S., but please allow up to 30 days for shipment.

Clothing: I will consider offering maybe a half dozen sets in the $175 range. Bill will absolutely be tailored for a TTM22 "slim" body. Keanu :arwen was taller. I like the DAM 2.0 body for taller, more slender guys, but it's exposed joints are terrible. I'm leaning towards the Phicen M31.

Contact their son, Snyder-man, or me (I have their permission to start this thread) for details.

Unpainted:
unpainted sculpts (scaled).jpg

Painted:
13708407_10154217153560937_8186248697106568651_o.jpg
13735025_10154217166990937_6158421481606428887_o.jpg
13731976_10154217114135937_2610626788061579282_o.jpg
13717278_10154217144505937_5590838673704152439_o.jpg
13731954_10154217180200937_8966199619543486080_o.jpg
13735654_10154217190520937_6092723803285980325_o.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure - 1:6 head sculpts

These would be most excellent. How hard would it be to get the clothes?

Great work as usual from one of the pioneers of 1/6th customizing. Saw these over on Facebook a few weeks ago. Most excellent. Traditional sculpting for the so much win.

These would be most excellent. How hard would it be to get the clothes?

I sew my own clothes, but I haven't really looked into what to do with them.

If you can live without screen-accuracy, I'm sure a authentic feeling slacker look can be bashed.

Edit.

Ted (TTM-22 "slim" with ankle extenders):
1. Black vest
2. Van Halen t-shirt (not the one pictured, but the one he wears in the movie.)
3. Black shorts with accurate decals.
4. Sweat pants.
5. Coral red denim jacket.
Plus will try to offer:
6. Socks.
7. Wrist bands.

Bill (TTM-22 "slim"):
1. Cut-off t-shirt with correct details (name, red stripe, Wyld Stallyns logo)
2. Print button-down shirt.
3. Grey pants with question mark.
4. Wrist tie.
5. Polka dot boxer shorts.

Last edited:
Very cool that you are doing some outfits. I'm spread too thin right now, but these guys shouldn't be impossible to bash at some point. These would look cool displayed with Marty and Doc Brown. I thought about getting the pony tailed Carlin and just display him with a microphone, but I'm not sure a stand up comedian would make for a good display. I've been trying to talk them into doing one of my favorite stand up guys so maybe that will start something.

Since Tom and Joy keep the heads available indefinitely, I'll keep the outfits available too once I develop the prototypes. There's no pressure. I'm just happy to see interest in 80's figures. I have a dream of doing the Breakfast Club.

I'd for sure be in for Breakfast Club as well as some other 80s movies I watched bunch of times in my youth.

Since Tom and Joy keep the heads available indefinitely, I'll keep the outfits available too once I develop the prototypes. There's no pressure. I'm just happy to see interest in 80's figures. I have a dream of doing the Breakfast Club.

Glad to hear it. Between SDCC and all the customs on the board.. Plus my other interests I'm anxious with hoe much stuff I want to add to my shelf. Bill and Ted have always been near the top of my list.

I'd love breakfast club but I know I couldn't afford that

Do you think anyone would ever tackle wayne and garth (wanyne's world)?

Snyder-man would be your best bet for that to happen. Most sculptors want to see anywhere from 20 to 50 people interested in a sculpt before they will commit to offering it. The Snyders have produced several sculpts I can't imagine anyone else offering unless someone paid WAY up to get the initial sculpt made. I know there are several sculpts they want to offer that need glasses, and they don't want to put them out without being able to provide the glasses at the same time. That has been the hold up on Egon Spengler and a few others. Rufus is sporting shades so maybe they have it about figured out. Garth wouldn't look right without character specific glasses.

For Ted, what do people think of Crafttone's thin body:

nude__51779.1448393318.1280.1280.jpg

It seems to be available at a very reasonable price, having been used on several of their figures. It makes Ted's exposed elbows look pretty good, while being a reasonable physique.

I looked into the Phicen M31. It's obvious advanatage is being jointless and having better elbow articulation than a ball joint. It disappointed me on several points:
- skin is way too dark (and harder to repaint due to being silicone)
- Ankles would not fit in Pop Toys Converse All-Stars
- Very broad shouldered.
- Also it's a $80+ body.

I'd say that's a solid choicr

I just bought 5 "Bushman" (Crocodile Dundee) bodies at Toy Anxiety.

This means one body for myself, one for the Snyders, leaving three available for sure to people here who buy the clothing set. Other Craftone bodies will work, like one for Al Pacino, they may have slightly different upper arms is all.

Bill will be on a TT slim, so there are KO versions available in additional to genuine Hot Toys.

I have assembled all of the fabric I need, except for Bill's purple shirt and boxer shorts, which I will design in Adobe Illustrator.

I just bought 5 "Bushman" (Crocodile Dundee) bodies at Toy Anxiety.

This means one body for myself, one for the Snyders, leaving three available for sure to people here who buy the clothing set. Other Craftone bodies will work, like one for Al Pacino, they may have slightly different upper arms is all.

Bill will be on a TT slim, so there are KO versions available in additional to genuine Hot Toys.

I have assembled all of the fabric I need, except for Bill's purple shirt and boxer shorts, which I will design in Adobe Illustrator.

Sweet. I'm trying to get a time traveler set going with BTTF, Doctor Who and Bill and Ted. This is going to make it awesome.

So new feedback request: guitars.

Bill appears to play a Fender Jaguar or Jazzmaster [EDIT: It is a Murph Squire] and Ted has a Fender Stratocaster. The exact guitars they play are not available in 1:6 that I can see. NECA apepars to have been very good in replicating details.

apixznzaf__83644.1461394004.jpg

There are a lot of 1:6 Stratocaster's out there, but not in blonde/nude finish. Repainting or stripping a guitar is our only option for now.

This is the only Jaguar/Jazzmaster shaped guitar I've ever seen in 1:6:

guitarra23cobain.JPG

Kurt Cobain and PJ Harvey played this exact guitar. It's from a Spanish, Portugese, and Brazilian guitar collection, not normally available on eBay. It obviously has a several differences, but the right overall shape and colour.

I should be able to add this on for roughly $20. I'll only charge the exact cost to people here, but I need to know if it an acceptable compromise.

Another option, not screen accurate, but fitting nonetheless, for Ted, is an Eddie Van Halen guitar:

guitarra19vanhalen.jpg

Last edited:
Rough estimates:

Head:$45 each (shipped)
Body: $25 (Ted, Craftone) / $50 (Bill, TT slim KO)
Clothes with shoes: $190-ish
Guitars: $20
Shipping: $10

That's roughly $600 combined for both figures. Obviously custom paint jobs are extra.

My clothing set prices still depend on how much time it takes me. I'm trying to keep these as affordable as possible.

Wish I was better at fine detail, because I'm pretty sure I could make those guitar bodies and necks. Wouldn't be able to make the hardware for them though.

BTW Bill is actually playing on a Murph Squire. It's not a Mustang or even a Fender body shape. Here's a page with some info. They're pretty obscure.

Thanks for the info. With a Fender amp and Ted seeming to definitely playing a Stratocaster, I really thought it was some odd variant of the Jaguar/Jazzmaster family.

Still, the Jaguar/Jazzmaster has a strong resemblance to the Murph Squire, nothing else available has that trapezoid shape. I'm going to use it as an acceptable alternative for now.

Very long term, I could do all the bits and 3D print them, but it's not a priority.

Back