Head sculpture [CLOSED] Leon and Matilda <BEASTMASTER> [PRE-ORDER]

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing I have been meaning to post is an eye painting guide for Leon and Mathilda. My personal preference for Leon's eyes to look in a specific direction for the correct sleepy look. Something I considered for future sculpts is to etch the outline of the iris into the eye as a guide for painting, which would give much more accurate results for the painter.

Here is a render guide showing some suggestions for paint application:

1648211936122.png

Also Owen has kindly allowed me to use his image to edit the eye slightly to illustrate this more.

1648212238405.png

I will do the same for Mathilda soon as I also need to include instructions for the correct magnets and hair removal process.

Hey all. Apologies for those who recently paid shipping, there has been a bit of a delay as I've had to spend most of my free time looking after my family who have been sick with norovirus, so not had time to finish up and post the heads. Looking at either end of this week or early next week to get those out.

Also I've been playing around with Leon's eyes again and think this could also be a nice size and position for painting reference. Slightly larger and pointing down.

1649326377390.png

Hey all, just a quick update..

Given the lockdown situation in China I have held off shipping there until the postal service is restored. I hear it's gradually getting back on track now so will resume shipping soon. I've also literally run out of castings as some of the left over ones were not up to standard, so I am currently getting more castings made to complete the orders, so there will be a slight delay. Lastly myself and the family have been hit by a really nasty virus so I wont be able to send orders out at the moment due to all my spare time helping out with their recovery. Looking to get back on track next week.

Hey folks. Sorry for the massive delay for those who have not yet received their heads. I think the post office situation in China is slowly resuming now and I've got a batch of new castings back from Pete, so will start shipping these out asap. Please check your pms, social media inboxes etc for shipping payment requests as I will be sending them out soon.

Update: Pete is working on the rest of the Leons, so will start sending them out again once I have them which should be in the next week or so. I've already sent out the last batch he did as well as all the Mathilda only orders. I've got about 19 more orders to ship now. Please check your pms here in the next couple of weeks. If you haven't got a pm then it means I haven't got to you in the shipping order yet.

Hey all, I've received all of the remaining heads now and will start gradually shipping them over the next few weeks. Please check your inboxes for shipping payment requests.

Update: Most of these have shipped out now. Only a few to go (Zhang Zihao please check your messages). Seeing some great Leon paint works but no Mathilda?! 😲 Here are more shots of the 357 paint. I think they did a great job on the eyes with nice even glossing to catch the light reflections symmetrically, so it's a good reference for future paint applications.

1664275991066.png

The Mathilda head and hair was designed for magnets, even the fringe, so I will make a guide soon and post it here.

Update: Most of these have shipped out now. Only a few to go (Zhang Zihao please check your messages). Seeing some great Leon paint works but no Mathilda?! 😲 Here are more shots of the 357 paint. I think they did a great job on the eyes with nice even glossing to catch the light reflections symmetrically, so it's a good reference for future paint applications.

View attachment 450313

The Mathilda head and hair was designed for magnets, even the fringe, so I will make a guide soon and post it here.
this is best painting version, Can you provide more detail picture for reference?

Hey guys, finally finished this up. Also, will be adding the TOPO outfit soon.
Amazing sculpt!

Attachments

• leaon final_0003_Layer 1 copy.jpg
    leaon final_0003_Layer 1 copy.jpg
    591.4 KB · Views: 0
  • leaon final_0002_Layer 1 copy 2.jpg
    leaon final_0002_Layer 1 copy 2.jpg
    549.4 KB · Views: 0
  • leaon final_0001_Layer 1 copy 3.jpg
    leaon final_0001_Layer 1 copy 3.jpg
    542.4 KB · Views: 0
  • leaon final_0000_Layer 1 copy 4.jpg