Head sculpture Evil Dead 2: Dead By Dawn - "Angry/Aggressive" Ash Head Sculpt [PAINTED CLOSED/UNPAINTED STILL OPEN]

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I’ve been updating the list, payments, and closed the interest list. Thank you to everyone who paid so far!
Waruna will be starting this project in about two weeks. Please have the deposits paid by then.
@TheFil4, I pm’d you.
Hi, ive just paid my deposit for painted headsculpt please sarah77

Glad to see Ash get more expressions. Very glad everyone is happy and excited for future runs. Cheers
Much thanks has to go to you and Waruna!
Without you guys and the original Ash headsculpt, I don't think this one would have been possible.
I'm really looking forward to having the original headsculpt in hand as well as the outcome of this project! (y)
Hope you stay tuned!

Hello everyone!
I've done some updating to my original post. As you will see, I have split up the "Remaining Interest" list and "Payment" list so it will be easier to keep track. 9 have paid so far while 8 remain.
This is just a reminder that the interest list is closed and that this is a run of 15 headsculpts only. We're looking at the first of the month (regarding my 01/18 post) to have deposits paid so we can move forward with the project. (y)

I will send my deposit for painted hopefully this coming week as I am definitely in😎

Work is ongoing guys. Will share sculpt update when there is a strong likeness. This one is a bit hard as we dont have much references.
Bruce was in a movie between ED2 and AOD called Mindwarp. I don’t remember it being very good, but I remember some angry/intense Bruce in there. Not sure how helpful it would be, but maybe you can check it out. If you can find it. He looks more like ED2 Bruce in it than AOD Bruce.

Just checking back in to see of any progress you've made. You mentioned hijacking the thread in the coming weeks 4 weeks ago. Eagerly awaiting anything to see.😁

Hey bro, Sorry that the sculpt isn't in a good shape to share yet. doing it in the back end with the other works on going with the company stuff. There are few things I still don't like about it as of now reason why holding on sharing it. An expression is harder than a regular sculpture so bare with me.

Absolutely, totally understand!
I don’t know if this will help, but I did manage to find the prototype of NECA’s Aggressive headsculpt (unpainted) That might lead you into the right direction.
Attached below is the unpainted and painted versions of that headsculpt. While NECA’s paint app is, in my opinion, caked on and heavy in spots, I do think that the recent reissues the past few years with new paint apps really made the headsculpt pop.
B434A243-3E82-4049-A7D8-D10EE6BF4979.jpeg

F6352D6A-D6A1-4C2A-913B-86876169643B.jpeg

Looks fantastic! I would assume this new version will have a neck? Part of what gives him an angry look are the tight neck muscles and tendons to give tension to the expression. I think it would look weird if it were just a neckless head with an angry expression and a relaxed neck.
Thoughts?

Looks fantastic! I would assume this new version will have a neck? Part of what gives him an angry look are the tight neck muscles and tendons to give tension to the expression. I think it would look weird if it were just a neckless head with an angry expression and a relaxed neck.
Thoughts?
This is true. But with a necked body it's the tough job to get a sculpt with neck

Back