Hello from Minnapolis, MN USA

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmonson

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm considering commissioning the creation of custom 1/6th figures based on a fantasy book series I love—Monster-Blood Tattoo by D.M. Cornish. I may have them done for myself or have batches for sale (provided I can secure licensing). I'm here to determine how commissioning works, who to hire for what, and what to expect regarding costs and timelines.

Any help, suggestions, or solicitations are welcome.

Thank you,

Richard

Hi, and welcome Richard.

You'd need a sculptor and someone to make the outfit for the figures.

Prices can vary from a few hundred dollars to thousands for a sculpt, depending on who the artist is.
The clothes depend on the complexity of the outfit and how many are being made. For one-off sets of clothes, I'd recommend https://www.geewhizcustoms.com/
For the sculpture, you'd need to let me know a basic budget you're willing to spend to point you in the right direction. Of course, if you do a run with 20 people, the cost is greatly reduced. You could post in the "interest" section to gather a list.

...yea..it gets expensive ;)

Thank you for the reply, petes. Since the characters have never been portrayed outside some sketches, I don't think the head needs a sculpt - I can probably select a head and body from a supplier. At least initially. What will require customization are the clothes (unusual) and equipment (also unusual). The recommendation of geewhizcustoms.com is much appreciated!

Back