I sold it, but I got scammed.

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I sold figures overseas (Australia) (Buffy Harry Fullset, Panted Yelrim)

It was about 1800$ and I sent the item after receiving payment through PayPal.
This buyer hasn't heard from me so far after making the payment and sending the address.
(He didn't even send a fee)

I received the payment and sent the item by EMS.
I received a notification that the product arrived well and left a message to contact me if I received it from the buyer.
But PayPal told me that the buyer made a claim
The reason for the claim is that I received an empty box
I was dumbfounded, so I was waiting for the invoice documents and the conversation I had with him
It was refunded to the buyer
The reason for the refund is that the buyer reported it to the police and submitted legal documents
First of all, after receiving the money, I transferred it to my account and received the money, but my PayPal account became a negative balance.

Currently, I keep writing inquiries on PayPal.
It is said that the buyer received the package and repackaged it without the item and received an empty box
I only sent the goods and the money was refunded
When I sent the package, they asked me to set the price to 40 dollars, so I thought it might be because of customs duties, so I did it
I think it's planned so that I don't get compensation for the loss of the package
I'm so angry to lie that I received an empty box when the weight of the product is written on the delivery invoice.

PayPal gives me a refund after applying it to the buyer's advantage and gives me the same answer.
The scammer is also a scammer, but PayPal's response is also so upsetting.

The address that the buyer told me is Parcel locker.

PayPal said that the buyer attached a scanwatch receipt and processed the refund
It is claimed to be a legally effective document such as a police station.

This document includes the date, amount, seller's personal information, and buyer's personal information
That's all that's written.
And I was also able to get this document issued.
I asked PayPal if I could end the dispute and process a refund with only this document
If it's a fraud case, whether it's a decision or a confirmation, you should make a decision based on the registration card
PayPal will end this dispute and process a refund because it is a legal document as mentioned earlier.
The position is that this dispute cannot be reversed.
The buyer claims that he received the package and found it was an empty box
The weight and address are all written on the invoice, and I asked for a post office EMS whereabouts investigation
The buyer has not received any contact from the post office or me after the refund,
Still, PayPal seems to trust me more because I appeal and send documents every day.
If you ask for documents and send them to me, I'll make them argue again
All the documents I'm requesting are documents that I can't get issued.

I hope everyone is careful.

Attachments

• scamwatch22.jpg
    scamwatch22.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 6
I sold figures overseas (Australia) (Buffy Harry Fullset, Panted Yelrim)

It was about 1800$ and I sent the item after receiving payment through PayPal.
This buyer hasn't heard from me so far after making the payment and sending the address.
(He didn't even send a fee)

I received the payment and sent the item by EMS.
I received a notification that the product arrived well and left a message to contact me if I received it from the buyer.
But PayPal told me that the buyer made a claim
The reason for the claim is that I received an empty box
I was dumbfounded, so I was waiting for the invoice documents and the conversation I had with him
It was refunded to the buyer
The reason for the refund is that the buyer reported it to the police and submitted legal documents
First of all, after receiving the money, I transferred it to my account and received the money, but my PayPal account became a negative balance.

Currently, I keep writing inquiries on PayPal.
It is said that the buyer received the package and repackaged it without the item and received an empty box
I only sent the goods and the money was refunded
When I sent the package, they asked me to set the price to 40 dollars, so I thought it might be because of customs duties, so I did it
I think it's planned so that I don't get compensation for the loss of the package
I'm so angry to lie that I received an empty box when the weight of the product is written on the delivery invoice.

PayPal gives me a refund after applying it to the buyer's advantage and gives me the same answer.
The scammer is also a scammer, but PayPal's response is also so upsetting.

The address that the buyer told me is Parcel locker.

PayPal said that the buyer attached a scanwatch receipt and processed the refund
It is claimed to be a legally effective document such as a police station.

This document includes the date, amount, seller's personal information, and buyer's personal information
That's all that's written.
And I was also able to get this document issued.
I asked PayPal if I could end the dispute and process a refund with only this document
If it's a fraud case, whether it's a decision or a confirmation, you should make a decision based on the registration card
PayPal will end this dispute and process a refund because it is a legal document as mentioned earlier.
The position is that this dispute cannot be reversed.
The buyer claims that he received the package and found it was an empty box
The weight and address are all written on the invoice, and I asked for a post office EMS whereabouts investigation
The buyer has not received any contact from the post office or me after the refund,
Still, PayPal seems to trust me more because I appeal and send documents every day.
If you ask for documents and send them to me, I'll make them argue again
All the documents I'm requesting are documents that I can't get issued.

I hope everyone is careful.
Oh wow sorry you're going through this. Hope it's not the same person that scammed me and it was on here now acting as a buyer (assuming yours is on here as well?). They were supposed to send $108 worth of Hot Toys Venom accessories basically all of extras, they didn't send anything for awhile pulled the "my wife is in hospital" dropped contact. Paypal didn't help out. I said to mods get'em off of here. Think they did as well.

Oh wow sorry you're going through this. Hope it's not the same person that scammed me and it was on here now acting as a buyer (assuming yours is on here as well?). They were supposed to send $108 worth of Hot Toys Venom accessories basically all of extras, they didn't send anything for awhile pulled the "my wife is in hospital" dropped contact. Paypal didn't help out. I said to mods get'em off of here. Think they did as well.
I'm so angry

That's really unfortunate to hear. I'm sorry you got caught up in that scam. Your willingness to share your experience is appreciated, it can serve as a valuable lesson for others in our community. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, it's important for everyone to stay informed.

This is horrible.. if the seller can provide a name, we can immediately ban the buyer

Back