Negan, Oldboy, Bourne, Leon, Sopranos, Private Ryan, Old Plainview, Jon Snow, Hannibal, Ray's custom work

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, that is just fantastic! I love the detail in the hair and skin tones. For sure, that’s Damon’s two handed grip also.

Thanks for posting again - I really missed seeing your stuff. (y)

Where can I get a Mike?! Who doesn’t love Mike?!!
Seriously how do I get one?

You guys are too kind! Thank you so much for the kind words and the support it means a lot!

@Ten80p welcome to the forum ! I realized that Mike was not one of the ones I listed credits for, apologies for that. The sculptor too are looking for for the Mike sculpt is member FInwee but I believe the sculpt is sold out.

Thanks man! that was the most challenging hair I've ever done. you think it would be easy because it's just a big fluff but thats precisely why it was so hard. to have it look realistic I've never felt any of the ones I've seen looked realistic up close and personal!

Incredible paint work on Negan. You really brought out all of the details of the sculpt in a way that very few others ever do. It’s not just a great sculpt with “a paint job”, it’s a finished work by two great artists - it’s that good.

Any plans to try your hand at sculpting?

Thanks guys!

regarding the Bourne outfit, IKE-CON pointed out that I gave the credits above. So yes the coat is Triad. When I did this new head I tried very much to find new better and more accurate items for any of his outfits (except “Jason Bourne”) to get a more updated figure than the scraps I threw together 12 years ago. Turns out the scraps are still the best option. Bourne is far from my favorite character but in my opinion it should be easily as desirable as anything else we see fifty billion outfit options for (I’m looking at you John Wick) so to be honest it’s always been a head scratcher for me why there’s no third party or custom tailor runs for him.

As for sculpting I really want to do it, I’ve tried my hand at traditional sculpting but not for a little while. I have the technical skill and art direction skill to bring out likeness but the tactility of it I can’t wrap my head around. It’s as simple as I need to hold something in my hand to get it detailed and when you have soft clay your bumbling fingers just smooshes the area you already refined to get tight in another area. K.a Kim uses super sculpy to sculpt her characters it blows my mind because that’s like the worst clay. Shows what a talent she is. To me that’s like if Michaelangelo painted the ceiling of the Sistine chapel with crayons!

digital sculpting id be all over but the learning curve is ridiculous. The industry standard tools were designed my programmers not artists, so nothing is intuitive or logical in the way say an Adobe program would be. The artists who learned how to do it simply got over the hump of the learning curve. With all the 3D printing on the rise I’m sure someone is developing a program that you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to figure out. If I ever get some time on my hands I will try and teach myself zbrush again though. At a certain point I just want to be able to make all the characters that I want that no one else seems to be bothered with because again… they are all making John Wick 😂

I completely know where you're coming from with the sculpting Ray. I've tried so many times to capture the likeness of one of my favourite movie characters but the detail (such as the natural folds of skin above the eyelids) eludes me every time. I expecially appreciate the bit you mentioned about getting one area perfect and then eradicating it by trying to refine another area! It frustrates the hell out of me as I know I can probably do fine area details like skin pores quite well but capturing the likeness in bone and muscle structure as a foundation for the rest of the sculpt is the key. Zbrush will provide the accuracy with perfect symmetry but for me I prefer to sculpt by hand. I have nothing but admiration for the artists in this hobby of all skill levels.

Last edited:
Amazing pieces as always Ray. It's always fun to come to the thread and seeing your post and your thoughts on the process of your customs.

glad to know others can relate cpoll! One day I will get that handled I have the bug! Just not the time...

Thanks Luisenigma1! Always means a lot coming from you.

As far as bodies go in a general way I seem to have had a lot of questions about this lately so here is some info. These are my preferences for what I need for male characters)

1) Anyone on a suit - or anything I'm struggling with in a general way who has a regular guy build typically tends to work beautifully on WorldBox Narrow. I often Dremel off the neck and insert a plug. it's thick plastic so it's usually easy to sort of melt the peg inside a socket then regular heads sit on. I will also often yank off the lower arms tan put in a standard HT lower arm as their arms trend to be a bit too short especially on suited figures where I want the shirt cuff to protrude below the jacket cuff.

https://www.monkeydepot.com/Figure_World_Box_Narrow_Shoulders_Articulated_Mal_p/wb0018.htm

2) TT Slim or KO equivalent. I use these for skinny guys like Jon, Johnny Depp, Luke Skywalker, Larry David. Sometimes if a head is undersized I used this too and paid up here and there with what I need.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/truetype-slim-body-hot-toys-901997

3) Dam Toys Rick style body - these tend to have loose joints so I only use them when I have to but when I do it's perfect. This usually works for guys who are regular build but slim. Especially if for whatever reason I need a narrower shoulder than a standard TT type thing. I had a few figures that looked awful such as Daniel Plainview or Jimmy from Boardwalk Empire even in their Yunsil clothing until I used this body. Its essential to have in rotation.

https://www.collectors.com/action-i...6-narrow-shoulders-action/6788162179084174588

4) HT Han Solo (Tony stark) - Comes in handy so much. Just essential to have on rotation. Used it for guys like John Mclane, Tony Stark, Indiana Jones (modified)

https://www.collectors.com/action-i...ars-a-new-hope-mms261-mms/2253433731873652209

5) Blitzway Durden Body - Exactly the same logic as above. Ends up just being the perfect build for some muscle guys. I think I swapped my X3 Wolverine onto this. I used it for Logan too I believe.

5) New Style HT body (Dr. Strange, Neo) - It's been coming in handy... best and most proportionate body they have done yet. I'm sure it will save me in a pinch

6) Bruce Lee body - Used it for the Crow, Jon snow at a time. Randomly for Cult King Serpico (head was too small for the body and Al is short) John Lennon (molecule 8 body was shit) it typically comes in handy for thinner guys who are shorter but also more built than the typical HT slim body.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/6-12-hottoys-bruce-lee-suit-muscular-173158882

7) Old style HT muscle bodies - Use these a lot however the waist is ridiculous and too skinny so I often pad it out. I prefer the one that came with The Wolverine as his thighs are thicker and more proportionate to the top.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-T...E-MUSCULAR-BODY-STAND-UNDERSUIT-/112949021876

8) Standard old HT narrow shoulder or HT "advanced" bodies - Use em both from time to time still, but very sparingly. proportions are odd on all of them. more often then not I pull parts off of them like arms or calves to use on other bodies.

I use almost everything, a lot of stuff not on this list. I'm always very bespoke about how I attach

I also generally Dremel stuff, paid stuff up with athletic tape, or take apart and swap things on bodies all the time. Swap arms. Swap shins (shorter or taller) Swap forearms (for length or visible parts etc)

This was all incredibly helpful. Thank you very much for taking the time to write all that out.

Often trying to determine the body for my figures if the most difficult part. There are so many options on the market. Your tips and recommendations will truly come in handy when sorting through the lot.

🙏🏻🙏🏻

This was all incredibly helpful. Thank you very much for taking the time to write all that out.

Often trying to determine the body for my figures if the most difficult part. There are so many options on the market. Your tips and recommendations will truly come in handy when sorting through the lot.

🙏🏻🙏🏻
Glad to help bud!

Back