New to this world, thanks for having me!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuarterScaleDope

Reaction score
Hey fellow collectors, thanks for having me!

Keeping it real - I didn't start collecting....anything fun until late 2019. I work in film so my "collecting" consists of camera gear/lights and 18hr shooting days:ROFLMAO:šŸ˜­. Although this is a 1:6 scale community and I own a few select pieces, I tend to favor 1:4 scale figures/items. I don't do statues unless they're mixed media (and that's only to scalp the soft goods/accessories). It must articulate to pose, that's my rule of thumb. In that short period of time I've collected a vast majority of 1:4 scale Neca, Diamond Select Ultimate Quarter Scale, and most recently started spending the real $$ on Sideshow Quarter Scale figs. I've also had my eyes on the 1:4 scale Enterbay realm, coming very soon.

My focus is on figures/characters from the pop culture of the 80's/90's - Indiana Jones, Ninja Turtles, Batman, Ghostbusters, Robocop, BttF, The Rocketeer, Gremlins, to name but a few.

I wish I could say that my collecting consists mainly of figures, and although my obsession has limits, it also has very few boundaries. I relentlessly scour stores, websites, thrift shops, second-hand markets, and the like, for anything that looks authentically 1:4 scaled. That includes fabrics, patterns, materials, raw goods, and even 18" Doll parts that scale appropriately.

This pursuit has also gotten me into 3d Printing and the custom parts game, which I've adapted well to. I haven't taken the next step into 3D modeling but it's only a matter of time. The customs aspect has always been the driving force behind this hobby, and that's what has led me here.

I follow several 1:6 scale custom artists and am blown away constantly. Although I wish the variety and assortment were as plentiful for 1:4 as it is for 1:6, but that limited availability may have something to do with my pursuit...at least that's what I tell myselfšŸ¤”.

I'm looking forward to buy/sell/trade 1:4 scale everything but also enjoy watching new custom releases of 1:6 scale!

Thanks for the add!

Hi, any updates on your collecting/trading?:)

Back