Question about weathering

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reyno

Reaction score
How and what do you use make blood look realistic on 1:6 clothes and hands

I use the transparent Tamiya red. The real trick though is putting some distilled water or a few few drops of Mr. Color thinner on the surface to be "bloodied up" first. Sandy and I do a lot of bloody, battle damaged figures. What you wanna do is put the water on FIRST, then take a tiny bit of the red and dab it into the water-- watch what happens. You should get a very natural effect, as opposed to the blood looking "plasticy" or painted on. Sweat and the natural oils in your skin, build up and when blood is drawn in battle, it will usually take the path, if you will, of the sweat or what have you. A little goes a long way here-- give it a try.

If you're having trouble, let me know-- I'd be happy to do a little demo video for you. :)

Lauren

I use the transparent Tamiya red. The real trick though is putting some distilled water or a few few drops of Mr. Color thinner on the surface to be "bloodied up" first. Sandy and I do a lot of bloody, battle damaged figures. What you wanna do is put the water on FIRST, then take a tiny bit of the red and dab it into the water-- watch what happens. You should get a very natural effect, as opposed to the blood looking "plasticy" or painted on. Sweat and the natural oils in your skin, build up and when blood is drawn in battle, it will usually take the path, if you will, of the sweat or what have you. A little goes a long way here-- give it a try.

If you're having trouble, let me know-- I'd be happy to do a little demo video for you. :)

Lauren
Really? that be great. And thank you also how do you put sweat stains on clothes

Of course, a little spit works great! Saliva and paint have always had-- interesting reactions with each other...

Lauren

IMG_0813.jpeg

Back