Question--paint The Thing?

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragon8

Reaction score
I have a 1/6 scale model (11" head to toe) of The Thing whose space suit was painted in the wrong color---brown.
I want to repaint it to the correct color--flat dark grey-----but I have NO paint skills.
So I have the following questions:

1. Is it easier to paint it using a brush or a spray can?
(For dry brushing, I have Vallejo Model Color Black Grey, and for spray can, I would use Tamiya TS-4 German Grey).

2. If I use a brush, any suggestions as to which width?

3. Any other suggestions?

THE_THING-BROWN.png

THE_THING-BILLIKEN-3.png

The perfect choice is a airbrush. But you can try can spray, just try it on some surface for training befoge you start painting your statue. Or find someone who can repaint it for you.

SiriX:

Thanks for your reply.
I bought the Vallejo paint and brushes, but since I have no painting skills and have no airbrush, I'm having second thoughts about using a brush to paint it. Also, the figure is rare and hard to find, so I don't want to botch it up using a brush.
It appears a can of spray paint is the remaining option.

SiriX:

Thanks for your reply.
I bought the Vallejo paint and brushes, but since I have no painting skills and have no airbrush, I'm having second thoughts about using a brush to paint it. Also, the figure is rare and hard to find, so I don't want to botch it up using a brush.
It appears a can of spray paint is the remaining option.

Well if you don't want to botch it up, the perfect way to you is find good painter.

Back