Rainman Artworks - Dracula

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
c02435e59777c77e2bda281f79863c5a.jpg

DRACULA!!!!!!!!!![emoji83][emoji83][emoji83][emoji83][emoji83]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear God, I hope I don't miss this. :pray:

Everyone - DON'T ORDER UNTIL I HAVE. Deal?

. . .

:impatient:

. . .

Cool, deal. Thanks, guys!

:exactly: :goodpost:

If there's such thing as magic in the 1/6 world, then Rainman's got it.

He does man...its mind boggling, almost surrreal.

Hope he's sculpting the hair on the Victorian version. The rooted hair thing just doesn't work. It changes a piece from "art figure" to "doll". Switches up the whole vibe of the thing.

This is one of those things that people are are just split.
I personally am on the rooted hair camp. The thing with that is that it has to be done right, otherwise, yes it does look dollish.
But when done right, it adds another realism and starts to look like 1/6 wax museum figure.

Rainman's Willie Wonka looked great with rooted hair.
I think the Victorian is a prime candidate for a rooted hair figure.

He does man...its mind boggling, almost surrreal.

This is one of those things that people are are just split.
I personally am on the rooted hair camp. The thing with that is that it has to be done right, otherwise, yes it does look dollish.
But when done right, it adds another realism and starts to look like 1/6 wax museum figure.

Rainman's Willie Wonka looked great with rooted hair.
I think the Victorian is a prime candidate for a rooted hair figure.

Some things to remember though remy. 1) that's not 1/6 scale it's a bust and it's not rooted hair...it's a wig. So at that scale 1:1 the wax museum analogy fits perfectly

2) I agree with you completely that it has to be done right but unfortunately it cannot be done right when it's a run of figures. For starters time may be an issue but more importantly rooted hair style does not stay consistent on a run of figures. It may look great on one out of 20 or 40 figures. It is not in line with the rest of the figure as far as maintaining a similar look for a run of products. Some can argue that paint as well is not always consistent when a large run is being produced but Rainman and his team seem to have that skill level enough so that overall the run of products are very closely similar to each other and most all of his sculpts have the same skin tones etc. The hair though.....that's a totally different story. I think it's too risky and takes a great deal of artistic charm from the figures, especially custom work....but then again custom work now a days is really not "custom" at all as it's approached with the mass produce doll/figure making logistics in mind. This stuff is hardly custom anymore, and hair specifically treated or styled to a figure takes a very hands on custom touch.

I have to disagree with you on Wonkas hair though. It hurt the figure a lot. The hair looked nothing like Gene Wilders whispy and wavy hair. There was a lot of disappointment with the hair when it was first released. I personally loved everything except the hair and really the only reason on kept mine in my collection was because of the strength of the oompa.....until I decided to sell mine off. The rooted hair was a poor choice by Rainman. Credit that he tried to do something different but it was not the smartest decision I think. Sculpted hair with hat attached like Alex Dullboy figure would have worked wonderfully.

I gotta go with the sculpted hair camp. I think it makes so much of difference for a figure.

Some things to remember though remy. 1) that's not 1/6 scale it's a bust and it's not rooted hair...it's a wig. So at that scale 1:1 the wax museum analogy fits perfectly

2) I agree with you completely that it has to be done right but unfortunately it cannot be done right when it's a run of figures. For starters time may be an issue but more importantly rooted hair style does not stay consistent on a run of figures. It may look great on one out of 20 or 40 figures. It is not in line with the rest of the figure as far as maintaining a similar look for a run of products. Some can argue that paint as well is not always consistent when a large run is being produced but Rainman and his team seem to have that skill level enough so that overall the run of products are very closely similar to each other and most all of his sculpts have the same skin tones etc. The hair though.....that's a totally different story. I think it's too risky and takes a great deal of artistic charm from the figures, especially custom work....but then again custom work now a days is really not "custom" at all as it's approached with the mass produce doll/figure making logistics in mind. This stuff is hardly custom anymore, and hair specifically treated or styled to a figure takes a very hands on custom touch.

I have to disagree with you on Wonkas hair though. It hurt the figure a lot. The hair looked nothing like Gene Wilders whispy and wavy hair. There was a lot of disappointment with the hair when it was first released. I personally loved everything except the hair and really the only reason on kept mine in my collection was because of the strength of the oompa.....until I decided to sell mine off. The rooted hair was a poor choice by Rainman. Credit that he tried to do something different but it was not the smartest decision I think. Sculpted hair with hat attached like Alex Dullboy figure would have worked wonderfully.

I gotta go with the sculpted hair camp. I think it makes so much of difference for a figure.

Oh yeah, I know that's 1:1, I just posted it to show how it can look with rooted hair.
You do make a good point.
You're right, and I guess it just depends on how many figures Rainman wants to release.
That's the problem with rooted hair, its very time consuming.
Just like the ACI Aragorn, where it was a large quantity run so the hair was too dollish, looked like an 80's Aragorn heavy metal hair band.
But with lots of futzing, its night and day and looks amazing with rooted hair.
I can see where it can be a problem, cause not many would want to mod their very expensive figure.
So if Rainman decides he wants to do another large run, then sculpted is probably the better option.

But if this is gonna be back to old Rainman's more smaller limited run, and each one is really gonna be meticulously applied, I would still like it rooted.
I have several figures that have rooted hair, and each one really adds another level of realism.
I do agree with you, that if its more of a hassle, I also dont mind sculpted.

Last edited:
An amazing project from a great movie. Probably my favorite Oldman performance. Would be cool to see both the Red Armor and Victorian look.

And let's not forget the brides.
wuqdme.jpg

+1 for red armor. I'd prefer it over any other version now that I think about it. The opening scene has always been my favorite part of the movie. The Impaler. :rock

Back