Rainman Artworks - Dracula

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think sculpt hair will be hard to do. Drapes over the shoulders and down the back. I think he is going with wig on this one

Reagan's hair is a fair bit different though. At least for this most of it will be hidden/tamed by the hat. Reagan's is supposed to be a hot mess, just not quite as much of a hot mess as RM's figures arrived to everyone :lol

Just an FYI, I asked Lee and he said the Victorian Dracula will have real hair not sculpted.

That settles that question. Lets see how that hair looks on a run of 40-50 figures though.....trying to be optimistic so fingers crossed cause draculas hair is very wavy on the sides. Still think it's a big mistake to do it but let's see if Rainman actually uses a good quality hair and takes the time to make each figures hair look accurate.

I'm also thinking about the sculpts forehead area and how that's not gonna look that realistic with rooted hair but so be it, we'll have to see.

Thanks the heavens red robe is all sculpted! :pray:

Last edited:
The other think to remember is the hat. It's going to cover the top of the head.

675db68970d0558ccfc5c8d9ad02e01d.jpg

The other think to remember is the hat. It's going to cover the top of the head.

View attachment 223631

Yes, true Robbie but what about displaying without the hat? The idea of the hat being used to cover up flaws like Wonka again?
I sincerely hope he sources a great quality hair.....possibly even go with real as in "real" hair for this. He's gotta source a great quality hair. Anything else is gonna look cheap and shiny.

It sounds like Rainman is gonna do a good job on the hair though because judging from the work output everything looks phenomenal.....but real hair.....ehhhhh?

I hope he proves me wrong cause I want that DX offering just for that cane alone.

Any reveals of the Victorian sculpt yet? Maybe convince him to give us a teaser?

It would have basically been a statue with sculpted hair. No head articulation would have been possible.

Any talk of no articulation because of sculpted hair is simply not true. He should haveconsidered sculpting reagans hair as a separate piece to be removed and place back on her head for the head spin pose. Jules was sculpted in 2 pieces (the sculpt and Afro wig separate). It all fits together perfect. Draculas hair is long but what type of articulation of the head is gonna really limit the figure? Even if he sculpted the hair a bit shorter, at 1:6 scale it will still give off the illusion of draping hair as long as he gets those fine details in like the waves and flow of the hair.

But not to discourage the use of real hair....like I said earlier he seems on point with everything else. I just hope the simplicity of the hair does not take away from all the other fine detail of the figure. Let's see! Hopefully a teaser pic soon.

I trust Lee for everything but the glasses, I really hope he will put extra care doing them this time.

^^^ not sure if Sir Robbie is collaborating (cause in that case #worryfree :) but I agree if Robbie is not partnering then considering bickles glasses - we will be in a bit of a trouble!

On a different note I wish he did the armored Dracula as well :( Cause that was my preference (apart from the obvious Victorian one) and would have been a great one with intricate details!
Hope he considered that as an options :( but that's high hopes :(

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

The armor would be all sculpt too. Not sure if that would amount to a higher price over the tailoring involved with the Victorian suit?

Yes, true Robbie but what about displaying without the hat? The idea of the hat being used to cover up flaws like Wonka again?
I sincerely hope he sources a great quality hair.....possibly even go with real as in "real" hair for this. He's gotta source a great quality hair. Anything else is gonna look cheap and shiny.

But would anyone actually display him without the hat? :dunno

Rooted hair was the way to go with this one. The hairstyle wouldn't have allowed for any neck articulation other wise. :)

I trust Lee for everything but the glasses, I really hope he will put extra care doing them this time.

^^^ not sure if Sir Robbie is collaborating (cause in that case #worryfree :) but I agree if Robbie is not partnering then considering bickles glasses - we will be in a bit of a trouble!

On a different note I wish he did the armored Dracula as well :( Cause that was my preference (apart from the obvious Victorian one) and would have been a great one with intricate details!
Hope he considered that as an options :( but that's high hopes :(

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

Lee and I are collaborating. I'm out sourcing the production aspect to some of comrades because I have too much to do, but I'm working out the design and process. I've got some really good people helping me now.

Back