Rainman Artworks - Dracula

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cZBmXM3.jpg
Incredible.

Robbie... do them as you deem fit. We all love your work so we understand that such a fragile item - the important part is that they latch on to the sculpt more than the adherence to every accurate curve and turn on the glasses. My personal suggestion and not sure how difficult it wll be but may be Rainman and you can give an extra glasses option as well. These glasses are going to define the victorian set and many a times i have seen as time passes - one lost item / small breakage takes away the fun from the set. I know and may not be possible but just a thought and ofcourse at an additional cost. i have suffered when some of my delicate items have been misplaced and have had a hard time tracking them down / so last thing would be to to lose / accidentally break this classy set.

on a different note fantastic posts on FB on the "real life stage / sets that you work on" - sheer brilliance!

Thanks for the input. I haven't gotten a sculpt from Lee yet so I haven't been able to try them on. I've only had time to produce these based on a pic. When they go into production, I'll have a chance to rework the design to fit the sculpt. I'm still trying to get the proportions right on the lenses and frames. Something to keep in mind on these. They are really small and will be really fragile. Also each one is hand made and assembled, not printed or cast. Getting the curves of the frames just right is not easy. It may not seem like a big deal but multi directional compound curves can be a problem at this size. And staying consistent is another challenge. Also getting them to stay on the face is yet another challenge. The originals are sprung and have the give of the flesh. Not so lucky here. My biggest concern on these is that collectors will screw them up trying to assemble them.

How about a small magnet underneath the nose area inside the head? But somehow the glasses have to stay upright... maybe since the glasses frame is so tiny small the slight friction from the bridge of the nose will keep it up? Or is that too crazy? Just throwing ideas

damn...he is making it hard not to try and go the DX route....which i'm sure will be a pretty penny....but damn....

Does this mean there's a Red Leather Armor version on the horizon, or is this just a cool extra?

I honestly can't remember if the sword was used elsewhere in the film, unless this is what Mina used to cut off his head "SPOILER ALERT!" [emoji23]

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

Does this mean there's a Red Leather Armor version on the horizon, or is this just a cool extra?

I honestly can't remember if the sword was used elsewhere in the film, unless this is what Mina used to cut off his head "SPOILER ALERT!" [emoji23]

The old version of Dracula uses it early on when Keanu first comes to the castle, I believe while they are discussing the estates deal at the dining table.

He has the sword when talking to Harker. His head is cut off by the Texan's Bowie knife

So is the DX going to be two figures--ancient and Vixctorian? If so it will be near impossible for me to pass on. I'm going to need to sell some other pieces. The red armor would also be a must have.

The old version of Dracula uses it early on when Keanu first comes to the castle, I believe while they are discussing the estates deal at the dining table.

He has the sword when talking to Harker. His head is cut off by the Texan's Bowie knife

Thanks guys!

Just caught up on all of this now. WOW, everything is shaping up tremendously! Undecided if I'll be in but if I am, it'll be because of the figure itself. The movie is ok but I don't think it would even make my top 50. If I get reeled in it'll be mostly about The Man's and Robbie's magic.

While I appreciate the skill and artistry it takes to create these new little busts, am I the only one who would MUCH prefer a cool DX item that was part of the actual figure? Bickle's sliding pistol for example?
You’re definitely not alone. Actually it’s been expressed to him several times that collectors are more interested in 1/6 accessories than things like key chains or Bill’s 1:1 eye. I think the Pazuzu bust from the Priest’s set is a rare different case and works for how it appeared on screen, but I wonder why he offered the 1:1 pendant as opposed to a 1/6 bible

At 1:47

[video=youtube;ojgy7kyNp5g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojgy7kyNp5g[/video]

Back