Rainman Artworks - Dracula

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone just find out a projected timeframe that he will be done with the swords?
A projected date on when he will ship to Rainman.

Why are most of us kept in the dark about our orders? If there is gonna be a delay can't emails just be sent out stating around how long the delay will be? Some people have more patience then others apparently. Not one of those people. Sorry to hear about the injuries. Hope both Fergo and Rainman are feeling better.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Patience is a necessity in this hobby, especially on the custom side :lol

There's a clear line that divides an absurd delay and a reasonable delay, but I think that this project is still within a reasonable back up.

damn! Sorry to hear about Fergo and Rainman's injuries. Hope they get better soon!

as far as Rainman's customer service goes, I think the reason there is slack given, is the dude has a 100 percent track record for 7 years running his business. He has never steered anyone wrong or given anyone any reason to doubt him following through. this was also two completely different figures released at once, even without the injury I think its understandable it would take a bit longer.

as far as Rainman's customer service goes, I think the reason there is slack given, is the dude has a 100 percent track record for 7 years running his business. He has never steered anyone wrong or given anyone any reason to doubt him following through. this was also two completely different figures released at once, even without the injury I think its understandable it would take a bit longer.

Absolutely.

I have refurbished an antique glass cabinet for my DX set (used in a laboratory). Really can't wait for Drac. I know it will be superb.

I guess all are valid points,but all that really needs to be done is have emails sent out to each collector and let them know the date has been pushed back etc.... Glad to hear Fergo is working on last 10 razor blades and is better. Hopefully no longer then within a month we will have Dracula in our homes. Hopefully.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

I guess all are valid points,but all that really needs to be done is have emails sent out to each collector and let them know the date has been pushed back etc.... Glad to hear Fergo is working on last 10 razor blades and is better. Hopefully no longer then within a month we will have Dracula in our homes. Hopefully.

To be honest, if it was anyone but RM, I'd be pulling the plug and putting in a claim because of the 180 day PP limit. Risking $2,300 is too rich for me to live with.

However, like others have said - RM is more than good for it. Despite the frustration with very poor communication and taking so long, he has had some very good reasons for the long wait and it's not uncommon at all on customs, just like Cmiller pointed out.

It will be worth the wait. I can feel it's close and I'm excited to see these figures.

I know a lot of newer guys struggle to understand why RM gets a pass where others wouldn't, but it's just always been like that and he's never disappointed in 7+ years.

I think the pass for delays come from a time where people put more blind faith and trust in customizers, which is technically stupid, but I suppose that's a culture that was created because the overall track record for guys on this forum is pretty solid. Only a small handful of trusted sellers fell from grace in comparison to those who do reliable business. Others could probably name more, but I think I can count on one hand how many artists built a trusted business and ran off with people's money. Most projects exceed the PayPal protection period (even though it's extended to 6 months now) and that's just the nature of this hobby. Probably not what everyone ideally wants, but just something we understand and got used to.

His lack of communication really just comes from the language barrier. He's been pretty vocal about being embarrassed of his English, and it's part of the reason why he doesn't chime in much here. He normally sends messages through members here (usually whoever was helping him with the current project) or drops updates on Facebook

His lack of communication really just comes from the language barrier. He's been pretty vocal about being embarrassed of his English, and it's part of the reason why he doesn't chime in much here.

I've struggled with him on that too. I asked from a month in whether I could have an unpainted head sent with my DX order - thus reducing the shipping cost of it, the same as he did on the painted one I've ordered - but he just can't understand what I'm asking. I asked twice. So, I'm sad I've missed out on an unpainted head now, because they're sold out. But, really, my Chinese is non-existent, so it's my loss.

Well as much as I appreciate The Man and I hate to say it, his English sometimes gets worse when it comes to answering questions about things like combined shipping :lol

Well as much as I appreciate The Man and I hate to say it, his English sometimes gets worse when it comes to answering questions about things like combined shipping :lol

It's not that. He reduced the shipping for me on the first one. He thinks I was checking to see if they would be sent together still. His answers were related to that. He didn't understand that I was asking for another head.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now as they're sold out now anyway.

It's not that. He reduced the shipping for me on the first one. He thinks I was checking to see if they would be sent together still. His answers were related to that. He didn't understand that I was asking for another head.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now as they're sold out now anyway.

Ah, I got ya. I missed out on unpainted Torrance sculpts with a similar miscommunication. IDK which sculpt you were after, but hopefully it's one you can snag in the next restock

Yeah. Like I said - I'm in for the DX + a painted old Drac sculpt. I wanted an unpainted old Drac too. There were plenty for many months, but you know RM and his delayed replies, that coupled with the miscommunication meant I missed out.

He's not Chinese he is Korean. Easy way to communicate is go online and type what you want in English and the computer will translate it to Korean. I did that the other day to ask him a question and he responded quick and in Korean. Just place the Korean message in the section and it will translate to English. :)

Back