Replacement Cape Clips for HT Batman Begins

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Minitrucker

I just received a couple capes from lforigno and am so impressed with them that I would like to make a set of cape clips to go along with the capes and my Begins figures. The cape clips will basically be scaled down versions of the ones Bale wore, which I remastered for my friend. I know these are small and may be an insignificant accessory but wanted to see if there is interest in them.

Interest List:

1. agonistes86
2. KingGrayskull (2)
3. intothevoid
4. ironed (2)
5. irmoballen (2)
6. mimiz (2)
7. spiderbo
8. Thrustmaster

Here's a pic of my master...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow thanks for the kind words. You do great work and these would look tremendous scaled down and on a figure.

Likewise and much obliged my friend ;)

As far as details, these things will be pretty small... but I think the advantage here is that you wouldn't have to mess with the ones that come with the figure in case you want to switch them back around later.

I like the idea of having these, but it heavily depends on two factors: the price, and if Adam's (imaresqd1) sculpt will include some, too.

These look great though so far. If it's just to gather interest and not binding yet, you can put me on the list. :)

I like the idea of having these, but it heavily depends on two factors: the price, and if Adam's (imaresqd1) sculpt will include some, too.

These look great though so far. If it's just to gather interest and not binding yet, you can put me on the list. :)

Price, not gonna be asking much for them. I mainly want to make these for myself so at the same time, I can offer them to those interested. The other factor you mentioned, I obviously cannot speak to.

Please keep in mind that the one you see in the pic is of the 1:1 (left) clip that I remastered off Bale's screen-used one. The ones I plan to do are basically patterned and scaled down from it. So I have not started on the 1:6 ones yet.

Price, not gonna be asking much for them. I mainly want to make these for myself so at the same time, I can offer them to those interested. The other factor you mentioned, I obviously cannot speak to.

Please keep in mind that the one you see in the pic is of the 1:1 (left) clip that I remastered off Bale's screen-used one. The ones I plan to do are basically patterned and scaled down from it. So I have not started on the 1:6 ones yet.

imaresqd will be offering a custom Begins sculpt in a couple of months to replace the HT sculpt (not that the HT is bad, his version is simply even better). I don't know if it will come with the clips too, but if it will, I don't think they'll be as accurate as your version, judging from the current shot of the 1:1.

In conclusion, you can put me down for one, pending final pics and price. :)

imaresqd will be offering a custom Begins sculpt in a couple of months to replace the HT sculpt (not that the HT is bad, his version is simply even better). I don't know if it will come with the clips too, but if it will, I don't think they'll be as accurate as your version, judging from the current shot of the 1:1.

In conclusion, you can put me down for one, pending final pics and price. :)

Adam's version will come with clips.

But i'd like a pair of these just cuz i'm sure they'll be awesome :yess:

Yes I would be interested in this will it be the full clip top and the round plug at bottom, I would like to replace mine because I broke and fixed one when I was playing with my cape if you have a list put me on it please for 2 sets.:yess:

If these turn out as detailed as the 1/1 I wouldnt mind dremeling them away from Adams sculpt. It really depends on the final result(s). But always good to have options. ;)

If I can offer a piece of advice... the real pieces were not part of the cowl and I'm not sure it's the best idea to make them part of the sculpt.

I will try to replicate these as close as possible but given the size, you can only go so far.

If I can offer a piece of advice... the real pieces were not part of the cowl and I'm not sure it's the best idea to make them part of the sculpt.

I will try to replicate these as close as possible but given the size, you can only go so far.

Don't the clips sit on top of the cowl, though? So it would make sense to sculpt them onto it. Regardless, your clips look great :rock Depending on what Adam does, I may be in for a set of yours.

Yes, they slightly sit on the cowl...

717-batman-begins-wallpaper-1024x768-customity.jpg

I can say for a fact that the cape clips are separate pieces and not part of the cowl. But yes, you guys are correct that part of the clips do overlap and rest on the edges of the cowl. The production cowls had metal rings hanging from both sides of the collar bone area. The clips had pegs that went through the metal rings, through grommets in the cape, and then through grommets in the upper torso. Very similar to how the HT cape is attached. They got that almost correct but as you guys already know, the position of the clips are way off.

Here's a pic to illustrate what I'm talking about...

BBCowl.jpg

Yes I would be interested in this will it be the full clip top and the round plug at bottom, I would like to replace mine because I broke and fixed one when I was playing with my cape if you have a list put me on it please for 2 sets.:yess:

I will only do the top and you guys can basically glue them onto the capes. I also have copies of the screen-used bottom pieces but will not be replicating them. Reason why is because in order to attach the bottom pieces, it would require you to put 2 holes into the figure's torso where the clips should be. I don't think anyone would be willing to do that including myself. Lol.

Back