Full figure The Shape (SHIPPING SOON, SOLD OUT!!) KJun, TeTsu; DoggieDoc; 2OUBLE8IGHT

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am definitely interested in this, what is the cutoff to put a deposit down?

@MerekT find yourself a TOTS '78 sculpt. It's the cheapest option and looks damn good stock, even without any work done to it.
Good question, I’ll keep it open for 1 month to give people enough time to send in the deposits unless we hit 20 before then.

I've been delaying making this post cause I'm so over the drama angle in this hobby. I don't want to be labeled as a hater or sour. So I I'll say my piece from the heart one time and I'm moving on.

First off I want this to be clear, I wish Branden the best of luck with this project. I'm not the only guy in town for coveralls and I don't claim to own it that way. The more variety the better for the collectors.

The thing I have an issue with is the way this project is being sold to the public. It's basically bashing my project in an effort to sell this one.

I've been in this hobby over 15 years and I've never seen a project being sold in this way against a fellow artist. I've seen Iris projects go up for previous Yunsil gear and they did not bash the previous effort to make a point. Tinela has done Myers Covies in every style and never bashed her fellow tailor/competition. You even mentioned Yunsil's name many times in your post but not even one time mentioned the name of your tailor.

I feel your pitch lacks tact brother.

And to just say your gonna use the Yunsil's as a "Blueprint" to start work from just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. If you were doing the research and have your own vision why use the thing you don't approve of? You're even gonna use the same body type which is just funny to me.

When you have a chance to make something new you're just going with the same old Yunsil route with some touches you say you've discovered. And of course the color change. The color has always been subjective with fans. Which is a great reason why you should be making these covies! It's just the way it's been presented that's bugging me.

As I'm sure you're aware of, I posted a project a couple months ago addressing missing things from the old Coveralls and I know you'll have those fixes now as well correct?

Also the timing as I have an open project is just a little foul to me as well. I know that's a thing that happens in the hobby from time to time. Projects butting heads. It happens. And call me crazy but the presentation just seems a lil strange.

All in all, I wish you the best of luck! I hope everyone gets what they want out of this project and I hope it goes through. Just not the way I would have presented things as a respected member in this hobby.

Mag

Special thanks to the collectors that sent me words of encouragement and those that spoke up for me on the forum. Much love and respect always!

Mags,

I totally appreciate this post! Honestly, the story behind this run is I’m working on the My Bloody Valentine coverall run and thought that the same tailor could pull off a unique take on the Myers coveralls. In terms of the timing, the tailor and I started talking about this originally around Halloween, and I recall reading that your run closed around Halloween so didn’t think it would interfere to start an interest list end of November. I never intended to poorly word this post to mean any sort of offense so I greatly apologize that my wording had led to that. The point of the post was to say Yunsil’s coveralls are the best in the market, but hey what if we could improve upon a, b, c, and so on and also provide it at a lower price point. Art is subjective, ultimately, and some collectors’ opinions have led to desiring a different flavor of 78’ coveralls. Why use Yunsil’s work as a reference point, this was just us being completely honest by declaring that their work is the best in the market and clearly encompasses a lot of research, and therefore serves as a great reference point. However, these coveralls will look completely different than Yunsil’s as we’re not trying to do a 1:1 replication of their work, whether they are better or not is entirely subjective in the end. The movie being referenced is over 40 years old, so I assume (and hope) artists will still be trying to improve upon this piece (for the sake of the arts) for years to come. Again, I apologize for any concern my language caused, I thought long and hard about how to present this run. I assumed not mentioning Yunsil’s work would be like the elephant in the room. Therefore, I wanted to get ahead of that and let folks know that we think those are best coveralls in the market, but want to try to improve upon them. Whether or not we achieve that, ultimately is entirely subjective. I know at the end of the day, I’ll keep my Yunsil coveralls forever since they are a true artistic achievement. Anyways, I want you to know that I’m deeply sorry if I offended anyone with this post.

Last edited:
View attachment 452980

One thing that has always bothered me and other collectors is the lack of 100% screen accurate Myers coveralls from Halloween 1978. While Yunsil’s coveralls are the closest we have on the market, they leave much to be desired in terms of the material, color, weathering and overall tailoring. And at the price point they cost, they should be perfect. Well ladies and gentlemen, I’ve taken it upon myself to work closely with a tailor on providing 100% screen accurate Myers coveralls at a lower price point. The tailor will be using Yunsil’s coveralls as well as the newly surfaced coverall findings to surpass Yunsil’s prior work (no offense to her team). We are looking for 20-30 interested folks who are committed to seeing this run to completion. The plan is to have these in collector’s hands by October 2023. Here is a summary of the details:

* Estimated completion date: 10/2023

* Estimated cost: $350 (including screen accurate weathering)

* Deposit required to join run: $100

**Sample should be available within a few months from sending deposit.

Please send $100 deposits to my PayPal: [email protected] with “Myers Coveralls Deposit” in the notes.

**If not sending payment as a gift, please cover the 5% fee. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to message me. Thanks everyone!

This just in: DoggieDocDesigns will be offering the ultimate ‘78 Myers boots for all interested parties. This will further add to the 100% screen accuracy we’ve all been craving!

Deposit paid list:
1. playlandtoys
2. Rick Guzman (FB)
3. DoggieDocDesigns
4. Wilksteru
For the record, I own a pair of Yunsil’s and love them. All we are doing with this run is trying to get a more accurate set of coveralls at a lower price point. If you’re not interested, then simply don’t join the run. I’ve heard from a number of collectors that they aren’t super satisfied with the ‘78 Yunsils so what’s wrong with letting another tailor and run organizer have a crack at it? We don’t plan to do H2 coveralls as I thought those were quite good. In terms of using Yunsil’s work as a reference, that doesn’t mean we are recasting the fabric (which isn’t even possible). Simply using them as a reference point to see what we can improve upon. It would be the same thing as a movie director making a remake and simply watching the original movie for comparison purposes. I’m good buddies with Magnus also so not sure what the point of your comment was regarding that. It’s a free country and Magnus is welcome to do as many Yunsil H1 re-runs as he likes, the same way that a new tailor is welcome to take a stab at trying to exceed her prior work. At the end of the day, this is a hobby focused on art and trying to achieve 100% screen accuracy isn’t disrespectful to anyone if they are in the hobby for the art and not politics/drama.
ultimate!? Let’s not start sucking each others d@&$s yet tho. before a comment like that it’s got to be done and done right and displayed on a figure.Myers is very complicated,ain’t no body pull it off other then 3 OGs in this game Yeah, I’m seriously shocked at two of the paid on this list so far,since one of them is very touchy about others doing projects that he’s already done or doing . Don’t say 💯 accurate..you up against a gangsta with yunsils brotha!! So hopefully this post don’t make you like a rookie with all this ultimate myers talk! Y’all are free to work myers he’s open game everyone..just don’t down play other collectors projects.

Last edited:
View attachment 452980

One thing that has always bothered me and other collectors is the lack of 100% screen accurate Myers coveralls from Halloween 1978. While Yunsil’s coveralls are the closest we have on the market, they leave much to be desired in terms of the material, color, weathering and overall tailoring. And at the price point they cost, they should be perfect. Well ladies and gentlemen, I’ve taken it upon myself to work closely with a tailor on providing 100% screen accurate Myers coveralls at a lower price point. The tailor will be using Yunsil’s coveralls as well as the newly surfaced coverall findings to surpass Yunsil’s prior work (no offense to her team). We are looking for 20-30 interested folks who are committed to seeing this run to completion. The plan is to have these in collector’s hands by October 2023. Here is a summary of the details:

* Estimated completion date: 10/2023

* Estimated cost: $350 (including screen accurate weathering)

* Deposit required to join run: $100

**Sample should be available within a few months from sending deposit.

Please send $100 deposits to my PayPal: [email protected] with “Myers Coveralls Deposit” in the notes.

**If not sending payment as a gift, please cover the 5% fee. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to message me. Thanks everyone!

This just in: DoggieDocDesigns will be offering the ultimate ‘78 Myers boots for all interested parties. This will further add to the 100% screen accuracy we’ve all been craving!

Deposit paid list:
1. playlandtoys
2. Rick Guzman (FB)
3. DoggieDocDesigns
4. Wilkster
ultimate!? Let’s not start sucking each others d@&%s yet..before a comment like that it’s got to be done and done right and displayed on a figure.Myers is very complicated,ain’t no body pull it off other then 3 OGs in this game Yeah, I’m seriously shocked at two of the paid on this list so far,since one of them is very touchy about others doing projects that he’s already done or doing . Don’t say 💯 accurate..you up against a gangsta with yunsils brotha!! So hopefully this post don’t make you like a rookie with all this ultimate myers talk! Y’all are free to work myers he’s open game everyone..just don’t down play other collectors project…
For the record, I own a pair of Yunsil’s and love them. All we are doing with this run is trying to get a more accurate set of coveralls at a lower price point. If you’re not interested, then simply don’t join the run. I’ve heard from a number of collectors that they aren’t super satisfied with the ‘78 Yunsils so what’s wrong with letting another tailor and run organizer have a crack at it? We don’t plan to do H2 coveralls as I thought those were quite good. In terms of using Yunsil’s work as a reference, that doesn’t mean we are recasting the fabric (which isn’t even possible). Simply using them as a reference point to see what we can improve upon. It would be the same thing as a movie director making a remake and simply watching the original movie for comparison purposes. I’m good buddies with Magnus also so not sure what the point of your comment was regarding that. It’s a free country and Magnus is welcome to do as many Yunsil H1 re-runs as he likes, the same way that a new tailor is welcome to take a stab at trying to exceed her prior work. At the end of the day, this is a hobby focused on art and trying to achieve 100% screen accuracy isn’t disrespectful to anyone if they are in the hobby for the art and not politics/drama.
point is..it’s the way you’ve worded it, this is what will bring out the dogs bro, yes your free to what ever projects you want on the planet! Just word it differently. Mags and I are very close as well and he didn’t seem to like this post very much either.

I've been delaying making this post cause I'm so over the drama angle in this hobby. I don't want to be labeled as a hater or sour. So I I'll say my piece from the heart one time and I'm moving on.

First off I want this to be clear, I wish Branden the best of luck with this project. I'm not the only guy in town for coveralls and I don't claim to own it that way. The more variety the better for the collectors.

The thing I have an issue with is the way this project is being sold to the public. It's basically bashing my project in an effort to sell this one.

I've been in this hobby over 15 years and I've never seen a project being sold in this way against a fellow artist. I've seen Iris projects go up for previous Yunsil gear and they did not bash the previous effort to make a point. Tinela has done Myers Covies in every style and never bashed her fellow tailor/competition. You even mentioned Yunsil's name many times in your post but not even one time mentioned the name of your tailor.

And to just say your gonna use the Yunsil's as a "Blueprint" to start work from just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. If you were doing the research and have your own vision why use the thing you don't approve of? You're even gonna use the same body type which is just funny to me.

When you have a chance to make something new you're just going with the same old Yunsil route with some touches you say you've discovered. And of course the color change. The color has always been subjective with fans. Which is a great reason why you should be making these covies! It's just the way it's been presented that's bugging me.

As I'm sure you're aware of, I posted a project a couple months ago addressing missing things from the old Coveralls and I know you'll have those fixes now as well correct?

Also the timing as I have an open project is just a little foul to me as well. I know that's a thing that happens in the hobby from time to time. Projects butting heads. It happens. And call me crazy but the presentation just seems a lil strange.

All in all, I wish you the best of luck! I hope everyone gets what they want out of this project and I hope it goes through. Just not the way I would have presented things as a respected member in this hobby.

Mag

Special thanks to the collectors that sent me words of encouragement and those that spoke up for me on the forum. Much love and respect always!
Boom!! Couldn’t have said this better my self, we love you papa building our ultimate myers was definitely a pleasure and rewarding in so many ways….I’m sure I’d me disappointed as well if some did the 💯 ultimate bobs ghost myers.

ultimate!? Let’s not start sucking each others d@&%s yet..before a comment like that it’s got to be done and done right and displayed on a figure.Myers is very complicated,ain’t no body pull it off other then 3 OGs in this game Yeah, I’m seriously shocked at two of the paid on this list so far,since one of them is very touchy about others doing projects that he’s already done or doing . Don’t say 💯 accurate..you up against a gangsta with yunsils brotha!! So hopefully this post don’t make you like a rookie with all this ultimate myers talk! Y’all are free to work myers he’s open game everyone..just don’t down play other collectors project…

point is..it’s the way you’ve worded it, this is what will bring out the dogs bro, yes your free to what ever projects you want on the planet! Just word it differently. Mags and I are very close as well and he didn’t seem to like this post very much either.
Yes, I have acknowledged that this post offended some people. That wasn’t the point or purpose by any means. I can’t go back and change the past sadly, but I’m happy to apologize for any negativity this post caused. That was not my intention. Again, just trying to improve upon previous work, we will all see in the end what everyone likes and can afford for their ideal Myers. I believe people should have options and was just trying to help provide that for the community.

Mag

Always sticking with Mags, loyalty is everything and good luck topping yunsils even with using here design. You couldn't of said it any better...

If the plan is to use Yunsil ‘s work as a blueprint for this project, that s pretty unacceptable, its pretty much the tailoring equivalent to recasting a head and make a few modifications to the cast and calling it original sculpt (like some did in The past and are still probably doing today). Reverse enginering a 1/6th outfit is not ok at all, im not 100% sure thats what your plan is( if its not, my bad) but if it is, I think thats what s pissing people off. You wana get something that you feel is better, no problem in that, but whatever tailor you use has to do it from scratch, not by taking the work from the best in the game (or from anyone actually) and use it as a blueprint to only add to and modify a bit, thats pretty disrepectful to Yunsil and to Mags who s been working his ass off for years to get that outfit where it s at.

i feel like it is an interesting topic, especially since this is tailored goods. I'm seeing this as a case of using yunsil pairs as a reference on top of other references and seeing what can potentially be improved upon that, but i guess that's really subjective and in the eyes of the beholder. while i understand and there is a point to say the wording was probably bad, i don't think its wrong that this run exists, since i material/color will widely be different from each other. you can go so far as trying to replicate the same tailored goods for a specific character that they will all look the same to each other, unlike sculpts where there's more creative freedom

If the plan is to use Yunsil ‘s work as a blueprint for this project, that s pretty unacceptable, its pretty much the tailoring equivalent to recasting a head and make a few modifications to the cast and calling it original sculpt (like some did in The past and are still probably doing today). Reverse enginering a 1/6th outfit is not ok at all, im not 100% sure thats what your plan is( if its not, my bad) but if it is, I think thats what s pissing people off. You wana get something that you feel is better, no problem in that, but whatever tailor you use has to do it from scratch, not by taking the work from the best in the game (or from anyone actually) and use it as a blueprint to only add to and modify a bit, thats pretty disrepectful to Yunsil and to Mags who s been working his ass off for years to get that outfit where it s at.
For the record, plan is to just look at prior work, not just Yunsil’s work but there are also 1:1 cosplays of the coveralls and other works for examples. There will be no reverse engineering going on here. When I said what we would be looking at for research, I was just being honest. Looking at something is different than taking it a part and trying to rebuild, which I would never support. Artists look at other artists’ work all the time across all fields of art. We don’t want to recreate Yunsil’s work because that wouldn’t provide any novel or unique output. Therefore, there would be no point to this run. The point is to create a new version of coveralls that addresses some previously desired elements like the color and material and so on.

i feel like it is an interesting topic, especially since this is tailored goods. I'm seeing this as a case of using yunsil pairs as a reference on top of other references and seeing what can potentially be improved upon that, but i guess that's really subjective and in the eyes of the beholder. while i understand and there is a point to say the wording was probably bad, i don't think its wrong that this run exists, since i material/color will widely be different from each other. you can go so far as trying to replicate the same tailored goods for a specific character that they will all look the same to each other, unlike sculpts where there's more creative freedom
Yeah man, that’s what we will be doing looking at a lot of prior works like I mentioned above. I get that the prior wording was bad and at this point have personally apologized to anyone it offended. I think across lots of works, previous tailoring in 1:6 or 1:1 replicas, have captured elements correctly so we are just identifying those elements and incorporating them into a new vision for the coveralls with this small run.

I'm pretty happy and content with my V1 78 Yunsil set, but I do own some of 2OUBLE8IGHT work and have followed their work on instagram. So color me intrigued and interested, but only after I see a finished (and weathered prototype). If they turn out to be what is being talked about Ill have no problem jumping on board. Always nice to have different options and artists work.

I'm pretty happy and content with my V1 78 Yunsil set, but I do own some of 2OUBLE8IGHT work and have followed their work on instagram. So color me intrigued and interested, but only after I see a finished (and weathered prototype). If they turn out to be what is being talked about Ill have no problem jumping on board. Always nice to have different options and artists work.
Thanks man! I always plan to keep my originals also because I do think they are great and do represent some scenes perfectly given the filter/film/lighting in those scenes. These will hopefully better capture the brighter/day time scenes of the movie. The same debate exists over the hat color in the original Nightmare on Elm Street so always better to have multiple options to better capture your favorite scenes.

Also, without trying to risk stepping on toes or hurting feelings, I think it should be said, no offense, that people should realize that there are other avenues, artists, tailors in this hobby outside of Yunsil and since she is always so busy/booked with projects dragging out YEARS. That and prices continuing to creep up it should be realistic in acknowledging collectors will look at other options available to them. Example: 2OUBLE8IGHT, ROPA etc. And of course with how this hobby keeps growing there will be more in the future as well.

Back