Rose Dawson (Titanic) Interest thread - Full Figure Interest thread

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quantumepncil

Reaction score
Wanting to gauge interest here. Would be her blue outfit pictured here
1673412852577.png

Likely with an expressive face sculpt -- a smile of some sort.

Here's some sculpt 3d models (not final)
1674873744851.png

Here's a test print with sculpter hair:
1674941341858.png

There will be another expression as well

I am having it made myself regardless, seemed like a popular enough movie that there might be 10-20 more people around who want one. It will be on the expensive side as you need exquisite tailoring to get details/fabric right on a more ornate dress like this (sculpt/full outfit probably $1500 range), but everything will be very high quality (still vetting/exploring specific artists for some components)

And if it goes well, I'll do Jack next.

Attachments

• 1674795263172.png
    1674795263172.png
    489 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Updated with 3D sculpt image. Working on dress prototype and 1/6 heart of the ocean (with real diamond if I can)

Will be two expression options, and sculpter/rooted hair options

Last edited:
Posted physical print (sculpted hair version). Casting in fleshtone coming next.
I'm starting to see the general contours in terms of cost to produce, so I think the sets prices will be (if we get at least 5 -- price goes down if we get more)

1: Sculpts (Rocco) + Painted/Rooted headsculpt (no6_chen) + Emroidered Dress (Lace undershirt, Satin and Velvet dress) (yayat & team) + 1/6 butterfly pin + 1/6 heart of the ocean replica (still finalizing details -- hopefully real diamond) = ~$1750.
If you want it unpainted/not rooted, that should knock around $700 off the price.

One I get the dress prototype done, I'll post an "active projects" thread and take deposits

This sounds gorgeous. So it’ll be a full figure for sure?
Yes, it will be a full figure. Main thing I'm unsure on is if i'll be able to swing real diamond for the Heart of the Ocean. Turns out diamond is a little hard to work with and cut like that lol. Trying to find a jeweler or someone with that specific domain expertise to help me out there

I would be strongly interested as I have debated doing this character and her Sense & Sensibility character. I would prefer a bald option though for real hair.
Yep, my copy is also bald (I'm having Yelim paint it and no6 chen hair it), I just developed the sculpted hair as an option as I know some people prefer that

Holy , Yelim, & Chen. Wow, I gotta see this when it’s all done.
And you shall. Chen and I have worked together a lot so he will be an option for anyone who wants there's done by him.

Yelim impossible to get more than the 2 spots through shumi per year as far as I can tell unfortunately. using mine this year on Rose and Jack lol

For the people who have commented so far -- do any of you want a real jade/gold butterfly hairpin and real diamond/silver heart of the ocean replica?

I'm getting them, but it occurred to me they are very costly for what they are due to the price of materials and not everyone values that, would people prefer replica using faux materials instead (for a significantly lower price)

1685334638749.png

1685335175039.png

Work in progress, finally happy with shape, material choices and general color. Embroidery and fine detailing now to be added =). Undershirt will be lace and also embroidered in final version. Two different blues, different materials (including nice satin for the belt/embroidery/collar)

Last edited:
1685717331809.png

Updated for more accurate colors, lace undershirt etc. Going to fine tune the shape/pleats here and do the embossing and embroidery

Back