Full figure [UPDATE 01/02/2024] Calvin Candie Clothes(Toribox) & Acc Set

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I removed the filter used in the movie.
Focus on the white color of the corsage and red blood.
Toribox analyzed the exact color without mistaking the filter.

20221029_candie_color_002.jpg

20221029_candie_color_001.jpg

I trust in Gesus Studios. I trust in Toribox. The color is beautifully done. I have done projects with Yunsil myself and I can attest to her eye for color and detail. Its second to none in my opinion. Gesus has created a masterpiece in this Calvin Candie release! Truly beautiful work!

Last edited:
Iā€™ve been with Yunsil for over 10yrs and their attention to detail is perfect. Those leaving the runā€¦.good luck when you change your mind and canā€™t find these again.

(Anyone in Seoul hope that youā€™re safeā€¦.was a mess tonight.)

This is a simply gorgeous figure. All the accessories and clothes, the paint work/sculpture-- everything looks absolutely stunning. This is some serious talent. After reading the entire thread, I'm a bit surprised at some of the complaints. That's nitpicking at a level I personally don't see often. I make figures of all scales, mostly 1/6 and 1/3-- I also buy figures that I like. When I buy one, it's based mostly on the artistic achievement and sometimes, the artistic interpretation-- again, that's just me. I see many others who are far more concerned with the insane level of accuracy.

Regarding that, as a filmmaker as well-- I completely understand the filter concept. I don't know Quentin, nor the DP of Jango, however-- what I can tell you, is there's a very popular filter, often used in period films such as this, called CTO (control temperature orange) it provides a yellowish/orange tint (for lack of a better word) to the subject, to present an "aged" or "vintage" type of look. I can't say for sure that's the case here, but there's no question this film is a bit heavy on the color correction, and that would present a bit of a challenge in matching certain clothing colors. Either way, I believe this is a beautiful piece of work.

Very inspiring to me personally. Pieces like this make me want to be a better artist and make more accurate figures. Thanks so much--

SC

Back