Texas Chainsaw Massacre (74 & 03) Custom Sledgehammers

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Z

ZsaszSays

Hey everyone. So I know that 1/6th Texas Chainsaw Massacre accessories/etc. are hard to come by. So I have this idea to make the two different hammers from both the original 1974 film and the 2003 remake for everyone's custom figures.

The hammer's are featured in these two scenes...

74hit.png

kemperhit.png

The actual steel part of the hammer will be sculpted out of Sculpey then hand painted/weathered. The handle of both hammers will be made out of real wood and then treated/weathered.

After research I've come up with this picture of the actual screen used in the 1974 film...
image5ej.png

Unfortunately I could find any sort of reference photos of the hammer used in the 2003 film. But after watching the movie very closely I strongly believe that the hammer used looked like this...
sledgehammer.png

Since Im working on a custom '03 Leatherface figure for myself, Im already starting the prototype of that hammer. I wouldnt mind making these for everyone else, I just need to see if there's an actual interest for these before I start putting in all the work. With materials and my labor Im estimating the price will be around $20 each, shipped within the US, or $35 for each.
I can guarantee that these will be top-notch and well worth the money. If you'd like to see my previous weathering jobs click the link in my signature. I'll be updating this once the prototype's are made. :duff

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

*I can end up making more, this is just the interest list to see if this project is worth it.*

I can't believe its been 10 years since the remake....

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I know right? Let's just pretend like the last piece of garbage doesn't exist. :lol

You mean the 3D sequel to the original or whatever it was? I haven't seen it. :lol
I figured I would eventually if it's on TV or something.
The Original and remake are the best. I remember some friends who are massive fans of the OG saying the remake was garbage upon initial viewing. I think its one of the best remakes out there. Maybe the best. People hate on remakes just to hate on them. When it comes to horror I have no problem with them. I haven't seen the Evil Dead remake yet,have you?

I agree. And don't even bother with the TC3D crap. That movie was awful. I legitimately had a hard time finishing it. The Evil Dead remake was awesome as far as it definitely delivered on violence and gore. Completely different movie than the original though, so its missing the main element of Bruce Campbell/Ash

I agree. And don't even bother with the TC3D crap. That movie was awful. I legitimately had a hard time finishing it. The Evil Dead remake was awesome as far as it definitely delivered on violence and gore. Completely different movie than the original though, so its missing the main element of Bruce Campbell/Ash

The Texas Chainsaw remake was great and so was the new Evil Dead. I also agree about the new TC3D being awful. However as far as the new Evil Dead film goes, did you watch the very last scene after all the credits finished rolling?

You mean the 3D sequel to the original or whatever it was? I haven't seen it. :lol
I figured I would eventually if it's on TV or something.
The Original and remake are the best. I remember some friends who are massive fans of the OG saying the remake was garbage upon initial viewing. I think its one of the best remakes out there. Maybe the best. People hate on remakes just to hate on them. When it comes to horror I have no problem with them. I haven't seen the Evil Dead remake yet,have you?

Do your self a favor and keep it that way.
:lol

I would like to declare an interest in a 2003 remake Sledgehammer ZsaszSays if you are still doing them mate. :pray:

This is a great idea as the accessories are difficult to get, It would be great if you could get a kit with all the stuff you need for a Texas, Friday. And Halloween figure.

Are you continuing with the interest thread here for the custom sledgehammer? I am interested in the 03 one.

Back