The French Connection - Popeye Doyle

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yabbadabbadoo57

Reaction score
The French connection 50th anniversary approaches and as I look at my French Connection ephemera I reckon it is time for a tribute to Gene Hackman and Popeye Doyle in 1.6, what a grand figure it would be. To all the artists out there, what do you reckon?

I think if you had a knockout sculpt then that would certainly seal the deal, say by Balloonman. I could see him creating an awesome likeness to Hackman if he was interested and his schedule allowed room. I wish you well with this though, it's great to see some respect shown for one of the all time great 70s thrillers. They were fantastic and Gene Hackman was awesome in this movie, as was Roy Schneider.

I think if you had a knockout sculpt then that would certainly seal the deal, say by Balloonman. I could see him creating an awesome likeness to Hackman if he was interested and his schedule allowed room. I wish you well with this though, it's great to see some respect shown for one of the all time great 70s thrillers. They were fantastic and Gene Hackman was awesome in this movie, as was Roy Schneider.
Thank you for your comments. I once had a sculpt but it was short of the standard I required. You see so many sculpts of the same characters, we need more variety, but as you know it is about interest and money. We shall see what time reveals.

Just to (hopefully) raise some further interest, I watched this little documentary today in a free moment: the YouTube video 'What I Learned From Watching: The French Connection (1971)'

I never realised how authentic and well researched Friedkin's film was until I saw this. Class film.

Just to (hopefully) raise some further interest, I watched this little documentary today in a free moment: the YouTube video 'What I Learned From Watching: The French Connection (1971)'

I never realised how authentic and well researched Friedkin's film was until I saw this. Class film.
Yes, great director, the French Connection stands the test of time.

Glad to see someone else who is interested in this iconic figure. I have been mentioning a French Connection Hackman for years.

Hello,

Yes I hope we as the Popeye group shall grow in numbers to help make this a reality.i have seen images of Rooster Cogburn by Kaustic Plastik who in collaboration with Infinite Statue are producing some fine figures at a reasonable cost. They may consider such a venture.

Back