Victorian Gary Oldman Dracula in Grey Suit - [Beastmaster + Iris]

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Victorian Dracula in Grey Suit

Status as of May 9, 2018:
1. Headsculpt in progress.
drac.jpg

2. Deposit paid to Iris (February 14).

3. Cravat pin sculpt is finished.
Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 23.58.24.jpg

4. Cane in progress.

5. Boot in progress.

7a2d41244186109a8a0150d4cf52a951.jpg

Beastmaster and I have been organizing this figure. Due to two people mentioning this in another thread we are starting the thread now.

There will be two options:
1. Full, completed figure.
2. Finished headsculpt, tophat, and pince-nez only.

Artists:
Headsculpt: Beastmaster.
Hair & paint: Maximus Miniatures.
Outfit: Iris.
Pince-nez (sunglasses): Robbie the Painter.
Cane (real wood and metal): Beastmaster and Star Puffs plus TBD.
Other Accessories (tophat, cravat pin, boots): Beastmaster or Star Puffs.

Other Details:
1. Price to be determined. Ballpark is that there will three payments of approximately $300 each, plus shipping.
2. No minimum per se, but the estimate price is for 10 or more.
3. Yun-sil cannot do this outfit, since she did Rainman's.
4. Body will be Hot Toys TTM18 “narrow shoulder” or KO.
5. The plan is to cast the cravat (scarf/necktie) pin in metal.
6. The boots will be made to work with a standard ankle peg.
7. Gloved hands will likely be repainted hands from existing figures, as Dracula wears the very common style with three stripes/gathering-spots on the back. We will choose a suitable hand that grips the cane properly.
8. We will explore getting a plain custom box like iminime uses.

Other Dracula-related announcements:
1. woodrob has an interest thread tackling new Dracula characters like Lucy.
2. GeeWHiz told me that they are doing a Dracula Red outfit for those who still need one.
3. Full Metal is making a metal lantern. He also may be able to do more of his amazing Dracula swords. Contact davinator65 if interested.
4. I will be making at least two Mina Harker figures. I will make her green dress to start, then either her red dress or medieval Romanian dress. Beastmaster will do the headsculpt. I don’t anticipate much interest in the figure, but I am willing to make them for people (PM me) and offer the head on its own.

Interest:
1. Beastmaster
2. Star Puffs
3. 353dante
4. Elgreco
5. mstradford
6. Kr1pl3d
7. aliqtr
8. arnax1985
9. Kriz_44 (off-SSF)
10. Jeronimo
11. Taza
12. maxxyron
13. GARCON=N
14. Anx10us
15. Michaelorozco
16. LincolnGreen
17. xiajiani
18. Levit05
19. Renyuan (head)
20. Queromarvel
21. Alvaro Carreno
22. Mighty Thor.
23. Spiderman180875
24. Gruff Old Bear (head + accessories)
25. finaldemon28 (head)
26. sammlee93
27. Mr. Bruce Wayne (head + accessories)
28. hiroto0721 (head only)
29. EmeraldKnight (unpainted head and accessories + clothing)
30. finaldemon28 (2)
31. finaldemon28 (3)
32. shugeybear
33. Michaelorozco
34. blueguy316
35. Alexander
36. nexus (head + accessories)

Last edited:
Re: Victorian Gary Oldman Dracula in Grey Suit - complete set or head set

Very interested in the full figure... I'll be keeping an eye out!

Definitely interested in this and all things concerning this film. Please count me in. Have been waiting so long for this. I am in for full figure. Thank you Star for putting this together.

Removing my post, apparently my excitement for the project and comparing it
to another, isn't allowed.

Last edited:

very original idea for this figure ...
[emoji371][emoji369][emoji366]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interested

very original idea for this figure ...
[emoji371][emoji369][emoji366]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's with all the Rainman fanboy nonsense? I didn't realise a movie character was exclusive to one artist! Didn't Spenser release his Old Dracula figure two years before Rainman's one? :rolleyes:

What? When? Where? Winona in green!

Really? :thud: I never know what to expect with you. :)

I'll work on her as soon as Dracula and my Twin Peaks stuff are completed (and of course when Beastmaster has time). She will be a bald head. She was in some many great roles back then. I think Lydia would be my number one choice after Mina, although I'm waiting on Scott's Edward Scissorhands figure.

Star and Beastmaster you have my full support. I’m fully on board in creating a new Victorian Dracula and Mina or Hopkins Van Helsing. I don’t understand what the issue quite frankly is in creating an entirely new representation of these figures. The operative word is new. We all have characters from marquee films that we wish to see made. And many of these characters will be created and re-created many times over. And yet in each instance they will be different. As each figure set is open to the interpretations of the group and the artisans involved. Some “duplicate” figures are not duplicates at all. Because each run encompasses a different group dynamic and a different set of collaborators. Making each one a unique piece of art.

Star and Beastmaster you have my full support. I’m fully on board in creating a new Victorian Dracula and Mina or Hopkins Van Helsing. I don’t understand what the issue quite frankly is in creating an entirely new representation of these figures. The operative word is new. We all have characters from marquee films that we wish to see made. And many of these characters will be created and re-created many times over. And yet in each instance they will be different. As each figure set is open to the interpretations of the group and the artisans involved. Some “duplicate” figures are not duplicates at all. Because each run encompasses a different group dynamic and a different set of collaborators. Making each one a unique piece of art.

:goodpost:

I’d personally love for someone to one day also create this outfit set of Gary Oldman as Dracula in his black and gold brocade jacket. Star do you think we might be able to possibly add the absinthe glass, bottle and spoon for the scene between Dracula and Mina. Just a thought.

610E1752-CF21-426B-8EDD-87B79045515B.jpeg

Last edited:

I’d personally love for someone to one day also create this outfit set of Gary Oldman as Dracula in his black and gold brocade jacket. Star do you think we might be able to possibly add the absinthe glass, bottle and spoon for the scene between Dracula and Mina. Just a thought.

That outfit would be a great way to sell more of his Victorian look. The embroidery is the challenge. I will be testing embroidery options when I make Mina's green dress.

Apologies, didn’t realize how big the picture was.

No problem at all. Just so you know, you have to go into "Manage Attachments" while editing the post if you want to remove (press "X") a picture you upload directly into a post.

Thanks for the support.

Thank you Star. Wow. Looks much better. Thank you for educating me on how to edit the attachments. I was trying everything but manage attachments. Many thanks.

His black coat has always been for me a very powerful look. My two favorites are the first you selected being his greyish suit, the black coat with gold embroidery and then his gold robe and lastly the red robe. What did you think about creating the absinthe set for him an Mina. Perhaps Doggiedoc or someone else can make them. Just curious.

You have my absolute support.

Hi buddy my mail box is full

Email me plz [email protected]

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

[video=youtube;3_iZoCOwlXg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_iZoCOwlXg[/video]

Back