Head sculpture [Visceral Plastic] 'Inglourious Basterds' - Christoph Waltz Hans Landa Sculpt (Interest)

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which uniform?

• Total voters

Finwee

Reaction score
20200925_045850.jpg

(Outfit options)

Hans Landa 1.jpg

hans1.png

(Early WIP shot (un-rendered))

Inglorious basterds was almost scrapped because Tarantino couldn't settle on an actor to play Hans Landa, the only consideration being DiCaprio. Fortunately he found Waltz at the last minute who went on to speak five different languages (English, German, French, Italian, and Hebrew) in his performance. This later resulted in his first Oscar win which was also the first acting Oscar ever won for a Tarantino flick.
I understand that this is a controversial character to produce but I personally find the performance/character to be on par with some of the greatest villain roles ever (Ledger's Joker, Anton Chigurh, etc.). I've always wanted to do a likeness study of Christoph Waltz too.

Payment Details:

Price = undetermined ($130+)

Project is set for after my three previous projects have shipped out.

Thanks,
Fin

Interest list:
1. chilipep66
2. Drake
3. Hosam
4. John Hbk
5. K.tian
6. siriusty
7. ms8794.jang
8. Ethan1212
9. take9
10. noobcollection
11. Ajkhunter
12. moxlol
13. a66252535
14. Medo
15. 95715423
16. Pain_ad
17. Hunterdnrc
18. ats9978
19. Paccman
20. horrorwood
21. Johnhbk

Last edited:
I never had the original figure, but I think the uniform was pretty good, though. However, from memory the black pleather attache case was infamous for cracking and peeling quite badly (same with Aldo's brown pleather shoulder bag), not sure how the coat/holster etc held up though. Oh, and the hat was slightly oversized, too, as I recall. Just something to keep in mind for those considering hunting one down now.

I'm tentatively interested, depending on final sculpt and if we can get a uniform run going (or alternatively, find a good previously released 1:6 military uniform that will work). I imagine the patches and stuff would be the hardest part of an outfit run to do well and get right.

I never had the original figure, but I think the uniform was pretty good, though. However, from memory the black pleather attache case was infamous for cracking and peeling quite badly (same with Aldo's brown pleather shoulder bag), not sure how the coat/holster etc held up though. Oh, and the hat was slightly oversized, too, as I recall. Just something to keep in mind for those considering hunting one down now.

I'm tentatively interested, depending on final sculpt and if we can get a uniform run going (or alternatively, find a good previously released 1:6 military uniform that will work). I imagine the patches and stuff would be the hardest part of an outfit run to do well and get right.
I appreciate the info ?

You're right about the patches. I know Iris did some for Travis Bickle so hopefully the chosen tailor has similar resources.

I think that is probably why your sculpts are so good, working on characters you want to display yourself makes you personally invested in delivering the best possible results. (y)

I've asked RopaStudio if they can produce the 4th outfit and I did get a reply. They're able to create the patches and medal ribbons but not the metal parts themselves (obviously). It won't be a cheap set but it is very intricate and would be a homerun of a figure. Because of this, I'd be willing to design and print all of the medals for free in resin. I will only be able to paint the plain metal ones though. I can ask Dmitriy to produce metal painted ones if there is enough interest. Unfortunately the sample wouldn't be finished until April but by the time the sculpt and medals are finished it shouldn't be too long of a wait.
I'll get the price quote up as soon as possible.
20200914_234750.jpg

That is of course the outfit he wears later on in the movie (cinema scenes, etc). The wait for the cream outfit may be a better option but I'm not a fan of the shirt. Maybe the fourth outfit but without all of the medals? What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Back