What is the most you have ever spent on a headsculpt?

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
600$ for a madbug painted by Silent Surfer. Yes it was worth it, because to me having the top of the line is the only option.

Being a sculptor myself, this is an interesting question. From time to time, especially on projects that involve several figures at once or various film projects, I of course have had to hire sculptors to complete the projects. Sometimes, I'll just hire another sculptor I like to get their take on my design-- see what they can add to it. Some of my favorite sculptors to work with have done some amazing work for me. I sculpt most of what I do myself, but the most I've ever paid another sculptor for a 1/6 (or close to that size) head sculpt, was $600. Like Boris said-- quality is king.

I know people with hundreds of figures in their collection, I also know guys with a dozen-- in some cases, I think a smaller amount of truly phenomenal pieces, outweigh a huge collection that includes mediocre work. But that's just my opinion. I'd pay $1,000 easy to the right sculptor on the right project.

SC

Buffy Indiana Jones. It was a lot, but well worth it.

Attachments

• 20220810_192107.jpg
    20220810_192107.jpg
    856.5 KB · Views: 0
Back