After many years I’ve started a new project: a 1/6 custom Voldemort. I am currently working at the sculpt. The costume will be made from scratch using custom-dyed silk to match the original one. As you can everything is very rough and still in progress.
Showing a new teaser. Everything's still very rough but some more work has been done. Eyes and forehead will be fully re-sculpted. I'm planning to use custom-dyed habotai silk (the same fabric used for the original screen used costume).
Some news on the project:
The head sculpt is being cast to improve some details and receive final paint.
Meanwhile, I have started working on the costume. In the pictures you can see early tests for the colour and the pleating. The costume will be made of 100% natural habotai silk, the very same fabric used for the original costume. It will be custom dyed to match the exact colour and hues of the original costume. I want to make every little sewing screen accurate because my reference is the costume worn by Ralph Fiennes that I have personally seen in detail at the London Studios Tour.
News on the costume. The outer robe is being sewn together. A very important detail is the fine pleating on the back (a big lack of the Star Ace version, which had a very poor costume). The twelve folds can house a lot of fabric that flows naturally with wind. In the movie it is hardly ever visible but it’s one of the beauties of this brilliant costume.