1/6 C-3POs

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TheGent

Tried the forum search but without luck. Can someone please up some photos of some custom 1/6 C-3POs preferred along with some 'WhatAndHowIDid'?
Looking also for a comparison shot of the regular Hasbro and the 'Tales' - Book C-3PO - or aren't there any visual (!) differences?

Don't think there are any differences in the Hasbro 3POs... the Book one comes apart and there's 2 versions of the single boxed figure; dirty with light up eyes and voice and regular clean.

The only custom i've ever seen is Hurricane's 3PO that went with a Chewbacca he got from Mark M. (Deathstalker). Not sure what he used for a base -- I think he used Kaiyodo kit parts.

I had talked with Hurc at one time about building a 3PO out of the kaiyodo kit but its slightly on the small side. If you were to cut the "armor" bits off you may be able to solve the size by replacing those bits onto a trooper body. Not certain how it sizes up to today's figures (as far as head size, etc).

As Wor-Gar says , the only difference with the two Threepio releases are the paintjob . I started work on a custom using the (original) Hasbro and it is a LOT of work . It isn't just a case of cutting him up and adding the armour to a "normal" figure . It's "do-able " , but be prepared for a major dremmeling job .

Back