1/6 Wampa- WIP (Wampa in Progress)- Figures in Progess!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Interest: 1/6 Wampa Project (Full figure or Kit) First Update

I'd be interested in a kit

I'm more curious than interested at this point, if that makes sense. Everything for me depends on the sculpt of the head and hands/feet.

Hi Lopie... and everyone else.

No new updates, still awaiting an opening from Caine, initially it sounded like he'd be starting the sculpts in November... so hopefully that's still happening.

One interesting bit is the Coo Models 1/4 body seems to be out so I'm planning on picking one up to see if it's a better option than the 1/4 Diamond Select body. I'm pretty sure it will be... it will just be a bit more of a cost.

So I got a confirmation from Caine that sculpting would start soon... however, I don't have the body yet. I tried one but didn't like it, so I'm betting on the CooModel being the winner here.

I'll keep you guys posted :duff

I finally found a place that has the Coo Models body in stock. More places should have it in March, but for now I've ordered one from KGHobby.

Once I get the body in I'll shorten the legs and lengthen the arms to get a idea of proportions and the quality of the body. If that all works out I'll send it on to Caine so he can sculpt the head, hands and feet to go with that body.

I'll keep you guys posted :duff

Added a few names to the list... and again, this is just purely an interest list.

The plan is:
1) Get the body modded
2) Create a mock-up fur suit
3) Send the body and suit to Caine to properly size the sculpts
4) Once sculpts are shared and approved that's the time when payments will be requested and decisions will be made regarding what types of sets will be offered and how many.

Re: Interest: 1/6 Wampa Project (Full figure or Kit)

I think I'm going to have to back out. I am still very interested to see how this shapes up, but I just got too much on order at the moment.

No worries man...

Got in a faux fur I think will work great, it's an off-white short pile and I think the look and length are spot on for the Wampa.

f4fe8d84-c9c1-4a9f-a977-395cd330850c_zpsptai60jh.jpg

I'm very interested in seeing how this turns out. (Put me down for a full figure.) The Wampa was always my favorite creature in the Star Wars Universe, so this is pretty exciting!

May we could dream about an ewok kit after this ?

That'd be cool... Onescustoms made a great Alf awhile back, I'd assume making an ewok would be similar. Big hurdle would be finding a good base body... other aspects would come together as long as we could find a believable fur.

Body Update:

So the Coo Model 1/4 Body came in today and I'm quite happy with it. The hips are a little loose, but overally it's a very nice base body and I think it will work great for the Wampa.

As it is, the body is too tall... I have it pictured next to a regular TT body and the Echo Base Han (Han is on the slightly taller body that came
with Luke).

7ca72ef3-3242-4bca-881c-2709454f5f04_zpszbj6mxjc.jpg

Here's what I'm proposing to do... basically removing a chunk of the thighs and calves to drop him down to a shorter height and give him that more simian look. I'll also extend the forearms a bit. This should allow him to retain all of the original articulation, yet be the right proportions and height (like the behind the scenes photo below)

cef08972-def4-4e57-b0ce-4e3f02e44516_zpsqafxqovg.jpg

GraWamp1.jpg

Re: Interest: 1/6 Wampa Project- Body Update

It looks good to me. (It's hard to get a very good gauge of proportions through all that fur.) I was blown away by SpaceCrawler's custom, and if this comes out like that, I'll be one happy clam. :clap

Yeah, Spacecrawler's is the benchmark...

I Decided to go ahead and chop up the legs... I like the height. And I think after the arms are lengthened a bit he'll be great.

76927f79-10f3-4189-9460-99941c69a23f_zpsvmgflqls.jpg

I love the 'stand-in' head. :wink1:

Got lots done today...

I finished the initial body modifications and put together a fur suit. I think the size is maybe a smidge short, but he'll be a bit taller with the final head and larger feet. Right now he'd be between 16" and 17".

The modified body, still retains all of the articulation (and the final won't looks quite so crappy) and has great "Classic Wampa" proportions:

7bc5520a-018c-4f58-803f-049c94fe59c0_zpsw6mhrvt7.jpg

Fur suit... still maintains most of the articulation. And the final suit would be weathered a bit to not look quite so uniform:

709132dc-188e-488d-a299-cc3ff4b12747_zpsdwo6biof.jpg

Re: Interest: 1/6 Wampa Project- Body & Fur Suit Update!

*rubs hands together* Excellent. Excellent. Do you plan on padding out the body more? And how would the new armatures be constructed?

Back