Applying weathering on Clone Trooper armor

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jpf1138

I know there is probably already a thread for this topic, but I couldn't find it... Just got myself a 1/6 SSC Clone Trooper (the original all white one) for a price that was too good to pass up. I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips or links to tips on how I could weather his armor in a manner consistent with my other clones so he doesn't look all "fresh out of the academy."

If you're not experienced with painting/airbrushing , I'd go for pastel chalks . Rub a little chalk on some sandpaper and apply the dust ( dark grey/black ) with a soft brush . Add a little at a time , blowing away the excess as you go . The beauty is , if you're not happy , warm water will clean it off . You'll have to "fix " it with a gloss or satin coat ( from a can) to make it permanent . Another technique is to mix up some pastel dust with a little water into a paste and then paint it on . When it dries , you can then wipe away the excess with a damp cloth or paper towel , leaving the chalk in the shaded areas . (Again , it'll need fixing ). Just practise , it's surprising how quickly you can obtain really good results with a little trial and error ! :wink1:

If you're not experienced with painting/airbrushing , I'd go for pastel chalks . Rub a little chalk on some sandpaper and apply the dust ( dark grey/black ) with a soft brush . Add a little at a time , blowing away the excess as you go . The beauty is , if you're not happy , warm water will clean it off . You'll have to "fix " it with a gloss or satin coat ( from a can) to make it permanent . Another technique is to mix up some pastel dust with a little water into a paste and then paint it on . When it dries , you can then wipe away the excess with a damp cloth or paper towel , leaving the chalk in the shaded areas . (Again , it'll need fixing ). Just practise , it's surprising how quickly you can obtain really good results with a little trial and error ! :wink1:
Thanks man I will try this! What is a good satin coat? I don't want the armor to end up being glossy and shiny.

Back