GalactiCustom's Tutorials- Mixing Paint: Skin Tones

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galactiboy

OT Preferist
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've completed my 5 part series on painting a 1/6 head and you can see most of them on this page... or all of them if you follow this link

I intend to add future videos that go more in depth into specific topics, the most recent of which is below- Mixing Skin Tones

Obi-Wan Kenobi Repaint Pt2: Skin Tones

Obi-Wan Kenobi Repaint Pt3: Eyes

Obi-Wan Kenobi Repaint Pt4: Hair & Beard

Obi-Wan Kenobi Repaint Pt5: Clean Up & Finishing Touches

NEW VIDEO!!! Mixing Paint: Skin Tones

I'll update this post with future videos :duff

Last edited:
Re: GalactiCustom's Tutorials- Obi-Wan Kenobi Repaint Parts 1 & 2

Thanks GB, very interesting and helpful, though you still make it look way easier than I think it is haha

Great vids!! Love watching those

Awesome! I love these tutorial vids like this.

Thank you for making these tutorials you have such a good clean style,you make every head you paint look so great with out being over done.
And I just have a few questions how do you blend in the pink and the purple on the face is it with more light skin color?,And do you wait until it dries first? -Thanks

Looking Forward To Seeing More.:rock

Thanks guys :duff

Thanks GB, very interesting and helpful, though you still make it look way easier than I think it is haha

That's true, but with practice I think these things are doable... my first paint ups were pretty terrible. I really wish I'd kept some of the images :lol

Thank you for making these tutorials you have such a good clean style,you make every head you paint look so great with out being over done.
And I just have a few questions how do you blend in the pink and the purple on the face is it with more light skin color?,And do you wait until it dries first? -Thanks

Looking Forward To Seeing More.:rock

Thanks, I appreciate it :duff And yes, I use the light skin tone to blend back the pinks and purples. And you can really go either way on blending it when wet or dry, I tend to wait until it dries as I think it get's more of the look I prefer, but I've also had success blending it right away... especially if I'm just doing a quick touch up or a small area.

The video on eyes will be up shortly.

Thanks Galactiboy So you just dry brush the light skin tone on after you do the the dark tone,and then dry brush the pinks and purples. And then blend with more light.

Roughly... although on the pinks and purples I use a bit more than a dry brush; I put down a fairly solid layer and then blend them back in.

Thanks Galactiboy Sorry about all the questions I just want to understand it right. :D

No worries I'm happy to answer questions and once I'm done I'll write up a written tutorial to go along with this :duff

Part 3; painting eyes is up :duff

Re: GalactiCustom's Tutorials- How to Paint Eyes

you are really getting quite awesome at painting brother! awesome work and videos! :clap

Re: GalactiCustom's Tutorials- Kenobi Pt3: Eyes

Thanks man, hopefully people can find these helpful in doing their own work :duff

Really dig that you're making these tutorials. They're very concise and well constructed! Looking forward to more :)

Thanks Caine, I appreciate it :duff I hope to have the next video up in about a week... editing these is kind of a pain, but still entertaining.

Okay, at long last part 4 of the tutorial is up. I'll have part 5 up soon, definitely won't wait another year.

[video=youtube_share;16_gIvrt1Bo]https://youtu.be/16_gIvrt1Bo[/video]

Some planned videos I have coming up are:
Sith eyes
5 o'clock shadow/stubble
African American skintones
Mixing skin tone paint

If you have any other suggestions/requests let me know and I'll see what I can do :duff

Here's the final part of the Kenobi tutorial:

[video=youtube_share;aQtWKlPxZs0]https://youtu.be/aQtWKlPxZs0[/video]

Back