Negan, Oldboy, Bourne, Leon, Sopranos, Private Ryan, Old Plainview, Jon Snow, Hannibal, Ray's custom work

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you so much guys! I expanded upon my skills wirh the Logan figure so it was a bit of a fun experience.

It’s impossible to paint silicone in fact nothing sticks to silicone but more silicone. There exists silicone “ paint” which basically a dilutable silicone that can be tinted. After a few tires and not getting it to look anything other than jelly I discovered that laying a layer of thin clear silicone. Painting on top with my normal means of acrylic, and then “ sealing it” with the silicone layer on top sort of sandwiched it and locked it into place and made totally permenent and flexible and affixed to the body, but gave it the realism I was looking for

I’m sure I’m not the first to discover this but there sure as hell isnt any tips or tutorials out there suggesting this method.

I often find the best way to learn is just to experiment!

SPECIAL AGENT DALE COOPER

One of my favorite characters of one of my favorite actors @kyle_maclachlan

Sculpt: Vladamir Tolmachev, project leader Star puffs with consulting from @gidonsg and #RfCustomfigures (me)

Paint: #RfCustomfigures (me) (thanks to Gidons for pointing out a few things that helped too)

Files and evidence: Designed and created by #RfCustomfigures (me)

Suit: Vortoys (shirt by Yunsil)

Trench Coat: Fewture Golgo 13 heavily modified for accuracy by #RfCustomfigures (me)

Crane Lapel Badge: @fullmetalcustoms

Tie: @DinoDinoYa

Last edited:
SPECIAL AGENT DALE COOPER

One of my favorite characters of one of my favorite actors @kyle_maclachlan

Sculpt: Vladamir Tolmachev, project leader Star puffs with consulting from @gidonsg and #RfCustomfigures (me)

Paint: #RfCustomfigures (me) (thanks to Gideons for pointing out a few things that helped too)

Files and evidence: Designed and created by #RfCustomfigures (me)

Suit: Vortoys (shirt by Yunsil)

Trench Coat: Fewture Golgo 13 heavily modified for accuracy by #RfCustomfigures (me)

Crane Lapel Badge: @fullmetalcustoms

Tie: @DinoDinoYa

Damn Fine!

My latest... but not my last, Indy. My old setup with the nee Kato Shirt and Pants and new ingo head. Hot toys shoes, mfisher gear, modded solo bod.

[/URL

MAANN! You are awesome at making your customs pop. This is the best Indy I've seen with the new gear and sculpt, nicely done bro. The arms are from a ttm20 right (same used for the banner).

Outstanding work - the pictures could pass for movie stills!

Every once in a while someone posts photos of a custom figure that makes me have to look twice to verify it’s not really a person. This is one of them. Congratulations on another masterpiece. (y)

Nice work, you were definitely able to bring out the likeness in the sculpt. I haven't commented here before but I've been keeping up with the thread and you've done some amazing stuff over the past couple of months!

I really enjoy looking at your photos, impressive collection

Thank you for sharing

You have a passion for 1/6 and detail, looking for best parts and upgrades...and it shows

Thank you all for the very kind comments, many of you I've also known for years too. Thanks for sticking to/ following my work it means a lot!

BRUCE WAYNE

Sculpt : Adam Gu
Paint: #RfCustomFigures(me)
Body: Hot Toys Kylo Ren with ankles swapped to shorten legs
Suit: Yunsil
TIe: Kato
Shoes: The ones we all had from that suit we all used 10 years ago.

This one I'm quite happy with despite feeling that this Adam Gu head while dated and need for improvement and does a million times I've yet to find one other than maybe the new Mina one that I think its any good. The repaint helped. It's got to be one of the weaker Yunsil suits too. It was an ugly ass suit he wore but this is reading a bit too Steve Harvey to me, I don't know if it was a bad call by Yunsil. I know many flagged the jacket as being too ling but the run owner refused to alter it and I think that was a very bad call IMO.

Keep them coming. I go through this thread for inspiration pretty often. All of your figures are treated the way I treat my grails haha
That Adam Gu head is incredible. I had bought a lot of pieces from a collector that left the hobby years ago. I have a few of those heads. They seem to be flawed casts but I never did anything with them. Always hated that I was wasting such a great likeness. They’ve just sat in a bag for years. Maybe they will be paint practice.

Another fantastic paint job and I love how you positioned the eyes (y). I really appreciate how you take the time not just to pose the figure, but also to explore the lighting and the different camera angles. It adds so much realism and even some personality. Your figures always look great, but I'm not sure you get credit for your photographic/production talents.

The "Steve Harvey" suit comment - :ROFLMAO:

On a side note, I'm with you on your observations of the sculpt. This one has always been a bit of an enigma for me. It truly is (in my opinion) one of the best sculpts out there, and the profile is dead on. And you can't argue that Adam Gu isn't one of the best sculptors out there. . . but, when I look at these sculpts straight on, in certain light the sculpt looks "puffy" (if that makes sense). Sort of like Alfred got Bruce some botox for his birthday and the doctor went a little overboard. It's hard to explain. Maybe just a touch too wide at the cheekbones or the ears come out too much? Here's hoping we get a stellar sculpt out of Taegyun Kim on the Bruce in HK project.

Again, fantastic work and keep on posting!

Re: Ray's custom works, projects, photography, bashes and fun stuff.

picture95.png

picture102.png

picture96.png

picture94.png

picture97.png

picture96.png
Amazing!!!!

Back