1/6 Wampa- WIP (Wampa in Progress)- Figures in Progess!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Interest: 1/6 Wampa Project (Full figure or Kit) First Update

Getting down to the nitty-gritty here; one last spot is still unclaimed.

Re: 1/6 Wampa: Call for Payments- Final Spot on Waitlist Contacted!

Deposit sent, he looks awesome cannot wait. :peace

Re: 1/6 Wampa: Call for Payments- The Run will be finalized on 6/7!

Got it, thanks!

So, since there are only a few guys left on the waitlist I decided to open up the run to fit them in as well... so what that means is this will be it. No 2nd run, just one run of figures with at most 15 being made and then I believe 4 more sets of casts. I will have final numbers on the 7th.

Thanks again to everyone for the support on this project :duff

Huge thanks to everyone for responding to my numerous PMs and getting payments in. The run is now closed and I am working on getting all of the bodies reassembled so that once the casts arrive from Caine (hopefully in 30 days or so) I can get cracking on them.

I'll keep the thread updated as progress is made :duff

Just a heads up, anyone needing a body for the Wampa head over to Monsters in Motion; they have a few (I think 4) left in stock for $60.99 before shipping. I think you'd be at around $75 which is the best price I've seen for them in awhile.

1/4 Coo Models Body

And for fur, I bought it from Stylish Fabric; one yard should be more than enough to make a suit and have leftovers to cover the hands, feet and head. It's the 5009 Ivory

Stylish Fabric

Last edited:

So I got an image of the first set of casts to be pulled... Caine indicated the foot cast had issues (so it will be fixed) but that the rest came out great. His plan was to mail the first set of casts to me today; once I get them in I'll use them to make a finished prototype.

3d1ffb1c-e651-4a4d-8f6d-b6db743d3db6_zpsbf4jcxu1.jpg

Re: 1/6 Wampa- First Casts Pulled!

The first set of casts (so I can finish putting together a prototype) should be here today :panic: :panic: :panic:

Got the casts... they look really good, and as I hoped the wrist and ankle pegs plug in very well with the hands and feet. It's a tight fit, but not where you feel like it's being forced in.

I'll get cracking on these when I get home and hopefully have something to show tonight or tomorrow.

Just out of curiosity... does anyone know which arm the Wampa originally looses in ESB?

For the SE it's the right... and at the shoulder. But in watching the original, and looking at the severed arm that is shown hitting the cave floor it looks more like it'd be the left and of course it's cut off closer to the elbow.

Anyway, I'm guessing it's either in a novelization or someone can see the image better than me.

wampa5.jpg

Cant wait to see the proto!
And I'm seeing the claw as turned up and to me that makes it look like the right arm is laying there.......maybe....:dunno

The novelization of ESB by Donald F. Glut doesn't even mention Luke cleaving an arm.

"Though it was difficult to move, Luke jumped to his feet and waved his lightsaber at the snow-white mass of muscle and hair, forcing it back a step, another step. Bringing the weapon down, Luke cut through the monster's hide with the blade of light. The Wampa Ice Creature shrieked, its hideous roar of agony shaking the gorge walls. It turned and hastily lumbered out of the gorge, its white bulk blending with the distant terrain."

Damn you Donald F Glut!

Btw, did a lot of work tonight, I'll have some cool stuff to share in the morning.

It's not mentioned specifically in the script either.

EXT. HOTH - ICE GORGE - DUSK

The jagged face of a huge ice wall sits gloomily in the dim twilight of a Hoth day. Luke hangs upside down, ankles frozen into icy stalactites, his extended arms within a foot of the snow floor. One side of his face is covered in a dried mask of frozen blood. He opens his eyes as a chilling moan of the hideous ice creature echoes off the gorge walls. Luke pulls himself up, grabs hold of his ankles, and futilely tries to unfasten the throngs.

Exhausted, he drops back into his hanging position. As he hangs there, he spies his lightsaber lying near a pile of his discarded gear, about three feet out of reach.

He focuses on the saber and, as his hand strains toward the weapon, he squeezes his eyes tight in concentration.

Just as the ice creature looms over Luke, the lightsaber jumps into Luke's hand.

The young warrior instantly ignites his sword, swinging up, and cuts himself loose from the ice. He flops to the snow in a heap. The startled creature moves back, his giant yellow eyes blinking. Luke scrambles to his feet. He swings his lightsaber and the beast screams in pain.

Back