Full figure [CANCELLED] John McClane - Die Hard (1988) [Beastmaster / Toribox / Robbie The Painter / LDS Workshop / Dslump] -- TAILOR CHANGED TO TORIBOX

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Face expression

• A - neutral

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • B - smirking

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • C - concerned

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • D - smoking

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters

roach_rch

Freakalicious
Reaction score
szklana-pulapeczka.jpg

Welcome to the party, pal!

We are making John McClane from Die Hard (1988). The idea is to make all the pieces to build the ultimate McClane figure from the original movie. McClane is one of my all time grails and I have every intention to do him justice with this project.

[COLLECTING DEPOSITS] -- UPDATE AUG 29 2022

Currently I am collecting deposits for the outfit by Toribox, all accessories by LDS and all accessories by Dslump.

Deadline for deposits is October 31th.

If the project is cancelled due to lack of interest all deposits will be returned.

If the project takes off the deposits are not refundable.

It is okay to make 1 payment for several items, just make sure to put the proper info in the PayPal notes.

Pls note all prices do not include any shipping costs.

TORIBOX outfit
Deposit: $150 as gift or $157,50 as G&S
PayPal address: [email protected]
PayPal notes: [McClane outfit] [Forum Name] [Real name]
Minimum order: 10

Here's the pricing for the Toribox set:

- Unit Price for 10 - 14 sets : $440.00 USD
- Unit Price for 15 - 19 sets : $365.00 USD
- Unit Price for 20 - 24 sets : $315.00 USD
- Unit Price for 25 - 29 sets : $280.00 USD
- Unit Price for 30 - 34 sets : $260.00 USD
- Unit Price for 35 - 39 sets : $250.00 USD
- Unit Price for 40 - 44 sets : $240.00 USD
- Unit Price for 45 - 49 sets : $225.00 USD
- Unit Price for more than 50 sets : $215.00 USD

The above unit price is by no means a sure thing. The unit price is subject to change.

We can set the exact unit price after we make a prototype.

Sample ETA is 2023, I guess we should all assume it's going to be closer to Q4 than Q1.

Shippint and PP fees are not included in the prices above.

Interest list:
1. roach_rch [Deposit paid]
2. DSH [Deposit paid]
3. ROMEO YOSHINAGA [Deposit paid]
4. ROMEO YOSHINAGA [Deposit paid]
5. ROMEO YOSHINAGA [Deposit paid]
6. Julie250 [Deposit paid]
7. cpoll36 [Deposit paid]

LDS metal guns (Beretta and HK)
Full price: $340 + fees and shipping
Deposit: $150 as gift or $157.50 as G&S
PayPal notes: [McClane guns] [Forum Name] [Real name]
Minimum order: 10

Interest list:
2. Star Puffs [Deposit paid]
3. ROMEO YOSHINAGA [Paid in full]

LDS accessory pack (wedding ring, zippo lighter, walkie talkie)
Full price: $190 + fees and shipping
Deposit: $100 as gift or $105 as G&S.
PayPal notes: [McClane LDS accessories] [Forum Name] [Real name]
Minimum order: 20

Interest list:
2. Star Puffs [Deposit paid]
3. ROMEO YOSHINAGA [Paid in full]
4. ROMEO YOSHINAGA [Paid in full]
5. ROMEO YOSHINAGA [Paid in full]
6. Julie250 [Deposit paid]

Dslump accessories (pack of cigarettes, wallet, C4 bricks, detonators)
Interest list:
2. Julie250 [Deposit paid for 1x pack of cigarettes, 1x wallet, 2x bricks and 1x detonator]

==========================

[COLLECTING INTEREST]

HEADSCULPT

Beastmaster
has confirmed his involvement. Here's the artist's IG profile for reference: https://www.instagram.com/beastmasterart/

The cost of the head will be around 200 GBP. He will aim for end of the year, though it could spill into beginning of next year.

We need a minimum of 30 people on the interest list to make it happen.

We need to pick the expression though. I've selected four main expressions John was displaying throughout the film:

A - neutral
mcclane_neutral.jpeg

B - smirking
mcclane_smirk.jpeg

C- concerned
mcclane_concerned.jpeg

D - smoking
mcclane_smoking.jpeg

Pls leave your vote at the poll.

Interest list (regardless of which expression will be picked):
1. roach_rch
2. Cap'n Cook
3. cpoll36
4. MarfMaster
5. DSH
6. ROMEO YOSHINAGA
7. Ggggg007
8. Mr.E
9. playlandtoys
10. Raymond F.
11. ms8794.jang
12. THE JOKER
13. Julie250
14. ombudsman
15. earthdog
16. Star Puffs
17. gido

OUTFIT:

The outfit will be made by IRIS.

It will include:
- white undershirt (new design),
- grey pants,
- brown leather belt with a golden buckle.

The outfit will come with no weathering.
mcclane_clothes_all_front-01-01.jpeg

Cost per outfit is $225 + fees and shipping.

If we reach 50 or more the cost will go down to $210 + fees and shipping.

Once deposit paid, prototype will take at least 7 months.

Production time is going to be around 4 months after confirmation on prototype.

BODY:

I have received the JXT-03 body, dressed it up in the kitbash outfit I got so far and I am quite happy with the result.

The chest is wide, the arms are rather slender, proportions looks better than TTM19 for sure.

The only "issue" is a pronounced sixpack, but it can be covered with a fat suit or simply wrapped with tape under the tank top.

The body is really good quality and the joints are ratcheted.

The MJ Choi recast head I have right now is a bit too small, but if we agree on this body the new sculpt size will be adjusted to fit it perfectly.

View attachment 449042 View attachment 449044

To be screen accurate the body will need a left shoulder tattoo and the list of names on his right forearm. These can be bought as waterslide decals from Bad Mother Tattoos and Decals. Not sure if we need to make another set.

I could arrange the figure to be assembled with decals and weathering applied by Doomcrafts. Here's the artist's IG: https://www.instagram.com/doomcrafts/. Details will be provided if there is enough interest.

WATCH:

Tag Heuer 3000 Series Quartz Chronograph 932,206

A screen accurate watch is confirmed to be made by Robbie The Painter. The cost would be around $100. First prototype will be shown anywhere between Q1 and Q2 2022.

tag heuer.jpg

Interest list:
1. roach_rch
2. Cap'n Cook
3. cpoll36
4. ROMEO YOSHINAGA
5. ROMEO YOSHINAGA
6. ROMEO YOSHINAGA
7. Ggggg007
8. Mr.E
9. playlandtoys
10. Raymond F.
11. ms8794.jang
12. THE JOKER
13. Julie250
14. ombudsman
15. chilipep66
16. Star Puffs

DIECAST GUNS:

LDS Workshop
declared willingess to participate in the project! All diecast accessories will be made by him.

Here's the artist's IG: https://www.instagram.com/ldsworkshop/

The guns come as a set. Total cost is $340 + fees and shipping.

Beretta 92F (mostly metal, can contain plastic inserts, possibly removable clip)

Heckler & Koch HK94s chopped and converted to look like MP5A3s (mostly metal, can contain plastic inserts, possibly removable clip, machine gun will have a fabric sling)

dh_guns.png

ACCESSORIES BY LDS:

LDS Workshop
will also make an accessory set.

The accessories come as a set. Total cost is $190 + fees and shipping.

Kenwood FM Transceiver (plastic)
Zippo ligher (metal, opening lid)
Silver wedding ring (metal)
kenwood transceiver.jpg1478879153-die-hard.jpg

ACCESSORIES BY DSLUMP:

Dslump
has confirmed his involvement in the project.

When sending payment please make sure to indicate how many C4 bricks and detonators do you need.

C4 brick - 15usd each
Detonator - 12usd each

Wallet - 60 USD

A pack of Gauloises cigarettes with 3 cigarettes, one lit and a butt - 30usd

// C4 duffle bag
This is the most tricky part, as there are no clear shots of the bag in the movie and I could not find any movie prop pics online. So unless we can collectively define which bag was used the best bet is to go with a HT DX10 or HT Neo bag and not make a custom one in this run.

Estimated date for the first sample: Q1 / Q2 2023.

Watch this thread for the upcoming updates.

Attachments

• accessories optional.jpg
    accessories optional.jpg
    668.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Please count me in if you can secure Iris for a clothing set. I would prefer her clothing as a complete set for consistency (or maybe even someone like Ropastudio), as opposed to a mix of tailors.

I'd also be interested in a Beastmaster head sculpt. I'd prefer a smirking or concerned expression. Frankly, anything will be awesome. Plus all the accessories!

Thanks so much for organising. A new McClane project is long overdue. I'm sure you'd also find loads of interest from the Collector Freaks forum too. There's a Die Hard thread over there.

Please count me in if you can secure Iris for a clothing set. I would prefer her clothing as a complete set for consistency (or maybe even someone like Ropastudio), as opposed to a mix of tailors.

I'd also be interested in a Beastmaster head sculpt. I'd prefer a smirking or concerned expression. Frankly, anything will be awesome. Plus all the accessories!

Thanks so much for organising. A new McClane project is long overdue. I'm sure you'd also find loads of interest from the Collector Freaks forum too. There's a Die Hard thread over there.
Is it okay to post about customs there though? I thought they were only covering licensed figures since some time ago?

I don't think custom interest threads are permitted anymore but there is an active thread for Die Hard:

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/threads/the-die-hard-thread.25057/
I think many of the members on there are also regular visitors on here too so interest will hopefully spread pretty quick! Sounds like a great project. I'm certainly excited by the prospect of it.

Really hope we can get the interest for this, it will be an awesome figure. I may have a go at trying to sculpt a McClane upper body as I think I would prefer jointless arms and wrists and more of a statue-esque feel.

Interested in neutral head and clothes. Accessories would depend on cost.

The body has always been the thing holding this project back. Until someone makes a seamless body that doesn’t look like an alien or like Arnold, nothing else is gonna work.. I’d be interested in the pants though as that’s the thing on mine I feel needs an upgrade

Agreed about the body. I guess the JXtoys S03 + a custom chest piece would work well here.

The shoulder scar could be added and the neck position fixed while keeping the production cost relatively low.

I am waiting for mine to arrive. Once I have it in hand it should be relatively easy to scan the chest piece and modify it.

1659892881046.png

Back