Interest Kate Austen LOST?

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I would probably change up her right eye if I had not baked it too early. But there in lies the problem... I kept changing up major parts of the face over and over. I guess it is a sign that I have no clue what I am doing.

Thanks AllisonAmy, maybe I will try to make a Sun,Richard, Frank, Daniel or Jacob or MIB next which I can't even give away. :slap

Wow on your collection you are putting together.
Oh, I will check in on the guy with the boxes to see how far he has gotten. I like the idea of protecting the figures when not displayed.

Sculpey is great this way, you can carve into the piece with a scalpel, add more clay, re-bake as many times as you want, use a heat gun to bake specific areas. allot of people think that once something has been baked then it is too late to do anything else to the sculpt, this is where a sculpture just begins for me- use sand paper and sharp knives to carve out and refine detail, or take parts out completely if you don't like something. You can even work directly on the cast and amend that by carving and adding sculpey - it's never too late for finishing touches!!

Sculpey is great this way, you can carve into the piece with a scalpel, add more clay, re-bake as many times as you want, use a heat gun to bake specific areas. allot of people think that once something has been baked then it is too late to do anything else to the sculpt, this is where a sculpture just begins for me- use sand paper and sharp knives to carve out and refine detail, or take parts out completely if you don't like something. You can even work directly on the cast and amend that by carving and adding sculpey - it's never too late for finishing touches!!

Cool.. Have you hit a point where you can't rebake?

kate_jan_2013_zpsfead75d9.jpg
[/IMG]

Yet another version as I reworked the sculpt to make her look older than a teenager... LOL.

Here I slapped quick sloppy paint on a cast to see if the features look even to me yet.
cast_flesh_paint_zps5f1ccb6b.jpg
[/IMG]

kate_sloppy_paint_zps989deffe.jpg

By the way the boxes I promised a couple of you are made. I should be getting those soon and then off to you. :-D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back