James Darmody Project.

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mosaicsquare

Super Freak
Reaction score
28lys9d.png

I've been dying to immortalize Jimmy Darmody portrayed by Michael Pitt from HBO's Original Series: Boardwalk empire. I'd like to see if any other members express enough interest to start some kind of project.

Darmody wore a few spiffy suits on the series. I was thinking about getting Kato.E

As for Headsculpt I am open to suggestions. Without disscussion it would be awesome to get someone like Trevor Grove or Rainman but that seems a bit far fetch.

Interested:
GatackFC
Darthy
BlitzOUT
Raymond Ferarro

Last edited:
Trevor's probably not gonna do it...seems like he is still deep cover...and I wouldn't pay Kato prices for this particular character.

...hell, I wouldn't pay Kato prices for ANY character.

Trevor's probably not gonna do it...seems like he is still deep cover...and I wouldn't pay Kato prices for this particular character.

...hell, I wouldn't pay Kato prices for ANY character.

Well maybe you should offer a few suggestions as to what you would pay for it... and who you would like working on Darmody... and in the case you aren't interested in this particular character why would you even bother to reply?

...maybe you should read more carefully...

I didn't say I wasn't interested in the character, not my favorite from the show, but I didn't say I wouldn't buy it. What I said was I wouldn't consider paying $500-$600 bucks for just the suit for JD. As I said, I wouldn't pay that for any character, but that's Kato's going rate for a suit this complex. I would suggest approaching Moe or one of the other tailors here.

As far as the sculpt, other than Rocco, most of the best sculptors are not accepting commissions right now. BUT! If I had my choice, I would ask JOhnny, Elvis or SilentSurfer...but I know none of them are available. Not sure if Greg would tackle it, he'd be a good choice too...maybe Kuato is available for paint :huh

Not trying to shoot this down, just making some observations upfront.

I'd be so in but sculpt is a deal breaker for me, if we can't land a rainman, iminime, Trevor etc. I wouldn't be in especially since i can imagine the price of a Kato jimmy suit which would kick *** and I'd be all over but not without a head sculpt of the same calibre.

Elvis and Nathan I don't consider sculptors per se so they are excluded and among my all time faves.

The other name(s) mentioned by other members as potential sculptors wouldn't cut it for me sculpt wise, especially when I notice a trend in the quantity without quality but prices that suggest quality... It's not horrible stuff... Some comes close to hitting the mark but I have a very very large collection, it's top notch or nothing for me, anything I felt was mediocre left my collection or I will avoid even if its a most wanted character.

I'd suggest maybe looking into bbkill, creg or WGP.,digital sculptors that have put out stuff I stand behind. If any of those took this project in id be in, or perhaps Eric Sosa

Quality HBO characters are a huge, huge want for me. At the top of the list are Jimmy and Nucky from boardwalk, Al and Seth from deadwood, Omar from the Wire

Last edited:
I'm down for a Kato suit and a bbkill or Creg sculpt. WGP's turnaround is a deal breaker for myself.

Well I guess I'm out. While I'd love a Richard Harold, I could NEVER bring myself to pay Kato prices for the suit. The total figure cost would be around +/-$750 bucks. I do think his work is outstanding but I just can't wrap my head around coming out of that type of dough for one figures clothes and the consensus seems to be going that way.

I hope this project launches cause ill stay tuned to see how it goes.

I'd be so in but sculpt is a deal breaker for me, if we can't land a rainman, iminime, Trevor etc. I wouldn't be in especially since i can imagine the price of a Kato jimmy suit which would kick *** and I'd be all over but not without a head sculpt of the same calibre.

Elvis and Nathan I don't consider sculptors per se so they are excluded and among my all time faves.

The other name(s) mentioned by other members as potential sculptors wouldn't cut it for me sculpt wise, especially when I notice a trend in the quantity without quality but prices that suggest quality... It's not horrible stuff... Some comes close to hitting the mark but I have a very very large collection, it's top notch or nothing for me, anything I felt was mediocre left my collection or I will avoid even if its a most wanted character.

I'd suggest maybe looking into bbkill, creg or WGP.,digital sculptors that have put out stuff I stand behind. If any of those took this project in id be in, or perhaps Eric Sosa

Quality HBO characters are a huge, huge want for me. At the top of the list are Jimmy and Nucky from boardwalk, Al and Seth from deadwood, Omar from the Wire

Agreed 100% I wonder if inimime would consider taking on a Boardwalk Empire project if enough people express interest.

I would even suggest some like Kai or Feng to give at sculpting however Jackuza seems to be the only one with means of communication with them.

Back