Jumping on Board

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LLMAN112

Reaction score
Greetings & Salutations, All!

I'm relatively new to this hobby - just started about a year ago. But I am already an avid collector, having purchased as of this post approximately thirty 1/6 scale bodies, mostly female, intended for custom projects I am working on. My focus is primarily on Marvel & DC comics characters (NOT the MCU or DCEU versions - I believe those are already well enough represented by Hot Toys, etc.), although I might occassionally stray into other fictional realms as well.

I joined this forum mainly for inspiration, to learn various tricks of the trade, and to exchange tips on where to obtain certain items or for how to do something. So I expect to post questions / comments on various related threads shortly! :)

And of course, as I successfully complete a custom project, I will gladly post a few pics. (And I will happily share my sources with anyone who is curious!)

I look forward to hopefully many years of sharing our mutual enjoyment of this wonderful hobby!

LLMAN

Hello LLMAN, welcome to the forum. Any projects near completion?

Hello LLMAN, welcome to the forum. Any projects near completion?
Hello Starfighter,

Thank you for the welcome!

I'm afraid not. Right now I just have lots of head sculpts, still-boxed body models & costume pieces in organized packets waiting for me to start assembling. It is mainly a matter of allocating some time to get rolling.

Ironically, the project that got me started down this path is taking the longest because it has proven to be the most challenging, which might partially explain my reticence. For the record, it is a custom Scarlet Witch in her classic 1970s-thru-early-1980's comic book look. It's the version which I consider to be her signature look - and her sexiest, IMO! It's close to the one Elizabeth Olsen wore in that now-famous Disney WandaVision Halloween episode, but not quite the same. That's why it's such a challenge; replicating that exact comic book costume ain't easy, especially when trying to match separately purchased costume pieces in that particular red hue.

Also challenging is matching the right head to the right body. As it is, I will almost certainly wind up making multiple versions, including my own replication of the WandaVision look. Yes, I know there is a third party "Spook Witch" figure due out very soon, but that simply won't cut it b/c of the weird head sculpt facial expression & the far-too-skinny body model they chose. I had been hoping for a figure release like that and now that one actually looms on the horizon, it's meh. (And I must admit, I absolutely fell in love with Ms. Olsen as Wanda when she donned that Halloween episode get-up. She had already impressed me in the movies up to that point and then seeing her in that costume sealed the deal. Now I can't imagine anyone but her playing any live-action version! So kudos to her. Anyway, as the Scarlet Witch is my favorite Marvel Comics heroine, any action figure of hers that I own needs to be as authentic as possible.)

I have a few more costume pieces on order so once those arrive I've promised myself I'll get started. Knowing myself, I'm sure that once that happens it will inspire me to build the others.

Last edited:
Interesting. Isn't inspiration pretty much essential in this line of interest? Good luck with your projects.

Back