McHaleyArt's Custom SW Thread- HT VADER Mods Updated

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent work mate.
Thanks!

E19.jpg

Re: McHaleyArt's Custom STAR WARS Thread

Further Vader Mods:
  • Put Chrome reflective sticker paper behind eye lenses.
  • Cut the front half of the inner Dome Block and back Rib. Moved the helmet forward just a tiny bit.
  • Painted "eyelids" black.
  • Painted (his) Left Tusk Stalk gunmetal/silver. Painted (his) Right Side of Mouth with more Gunmetal/silver.
  • Painted Chest Armor.
  • Added semi Gloss to Chest Box.
  • Painted Battle Damage on Belt/Boxes.
  • Cut slit in Cape and Tunic to drop some coins in to add weight.
  • Added Metal Buttons right behind Chest Box.

View attachment 248195

View attachment 248196

View attachment 248197
Nice to see that you've added the chest box strap buttons! Looking at all the HT Vader's on all the Freaks threads I was beginning to think I was the only one to add these! 😄😊

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Hi McHaley, what's involved in combining the roadblock and Vader bodies? And does the figure end up taller than the HT body or the same height?

Hi McHaley, what's involved in combining the roadblock and Vader bodies? And does the figure end up taller than the HT body or the same height?
I don't remember how tall Vader was originally, but mine stands just a hair under 13.75 inches.
For the body mod, you have to unscrew the groin/butt for both figures. I believe I used a Flathead Screwdriver to pull the spring tab down a bit as I slid it into the slot that attaches it to the Roadblock legs. You have to do it quick before it snaps back and the screw drive slips out, but once it's in, get the other half of the groin on and screw it back together.

Back