Head sculpture "My Indy" by WW - Open to order

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sculpt does seem undersized from the pic. Looking at the bald Han sculpt I have and comparing to an Indy I have, the Han seems about 4% smaller. If you want, I can send the 3d model to you of the Indy I have, just to check.

Agreed. It's critical to get the scale correct before you start printing 100 sculpts.

Many good Indy sculpts were hampered by being underscaled, Buffy included.

Here's a quick COMP -- your Indy back in January and the one you just posted today. Correcting for the camera angle, things line up -- see arms, shoulders, crotch -- but the new head looks smaller.

I suppose it could be the photo itself.

I've never seen a picture of your Han next to this Indy, do you have one to share, Waruna?

head scale COMP corrected 3-30-24.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, Waruna!

I know it is a pain at this late date but it is BEST for everyone to get this first version Indy sculpted and scaled to perfection... it is so damn close! It would undermine your tremendous talent to let a simple scale issue hold back this sculpt. Especially when it is just a calibration effort before printing.

If you have one of your Han heads handy I would love to see it next to this Indy head just for confirmation.

That's definitely an S01 body. You can tell from his "food belly" which I sand off every time. *lol*

I didn't notice at first the head was undersized so it can't be a lot off but looking at it now, it does look a little under sized on that body and now you can't unsee it.

This sculpt is looking so great, it would be a crying shame if the size was an issue

1. As many of you know, I ship my sculpts in wooden boxes and place them inside a DHL regular flyer for shipping. Recently, DHL changed their charging system to volumetric weight instead of the actual weight of the package. I only became aware of this after reviewing charges from recent shipments due to a communication issue. To maintain the shipping rate of $30 for you all, I’ll need to create custom corrugated boxes, which will take a few weeks this month. Please forgive me for this unexpected issue; I’ll resolve it as soon as possible. This will impact the timing of unpainted sculpt shipments.
2. I’ve been outsourcing the creation of my custom wooden boxes to a friend, who has since discontinued the service. I’ll need to find a new source for this essential component of the project. While some may view this box as irrelevant, it’s crucial for the success of the entire project.

I’ll address both of these issues this month and keep you all updated. Please forgive me for the sudden delay.

IMG_8745.png

IMG_8746.jpeg

IMG_8748.png

Last edited:
Here are some shots of the Han sculpt next to other sculpts. While I don't think the head is pinheaded or anything the Indy could stand to be sized up a bit.

I still think the eyes in profile should be visible more -- that sizing issue (or placement vs the brow) along with the eye shape is hurting the likeness a bit at certain angles for me.

321837CA-39BD-4ED0-991D-15104AC724FF.jpeg
74D98685-3868-4F40-99F5-4EC44C969E07.jpeg
F687D688-7AF7-49E0-ACC1-F47FDD7FBB14.jpeg
F13324BE-A6FA-40EE-9312-0466AF002583.jpeg
E169A517-5541-45D9-A27B-CDE4AD181EA6.jpeg
419B64D3-474D-4274-98DA-07A62F7CBDAF.jpeg

Here are some shots of the Han sculpt next to other sculpts. While I don't think the head is pinheaded or anything the Indy could stand to be sized up a bit.

I still think the eyes in profile should be visible more -- that sizing issue (or placement vs the brow) along with the eye shape is hurting the likeness a bit at certain angles for me.

View attachment 472155View attachment 472156View attachment 472157View attachment 472158View attachment 472159View attachment 472160

Yeah, Han's hair gives the sculpt a volume that Indy doesn't benefit from.

Back