Robotech Cyclone/Mospeada Rider Armor

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katkuru

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I've been working with a talented digital sculptor with his own Hi Definition 3D printers looking into getting into 1/6. He wanted to see if there were any interest in a Mospeada rider armor. This kit will be offered unpainted and will be the untransformed version. Armor will be made to fit narrow shoulder Hot Toys body types.
Looking for at least 10 interested to get this going. Estimating price point will be $125.00.

Parts will be as follows:

Helmet
Chest/Back piece
Shoulder bells
Leg armor
Guantlets
Cod piece
boots

1. Olbertfrog
2. Kicker 773
3. Pcleemake
4. Revol
5. Big Guy
6. Ah_t00t

battler-cycle.gif

Last edited:
This is from Robotech? Which anime in particular is it from since I doubt this was from Macross. It's weird with Robotech since they combined quite a few anime to form it.

I'm not familiar with the subject, but I love 1/6 sci-fi armour, so consider me interested :)

Could you add me to the list. Most certainly an interested party in this project.

Any idea when we may see some?

BTW spooky as I was spending time over the weekend knocking up something of my own along this route

820738_10151689940784782_81069600_o_zpsa0169380.jpg

I hope a weapon WILL be included in this set.

On the weapons front may I suggest tackling the Gallant? Maybe as both Pistol and Rifle versions or it at all possible, making the pistol and the accessories to convert to the rifle version? https://ptn.home.xs4all.nl/ArmorWeapon/Gallant.html

Currently I am scratch building one of these Gallants myself, along with the the following:
WOLFF SMG https://ptn.home.xs4all.nl/ArmorWeapon/Owens.html

Also the Laser Rifle too (name eludes me).

Last edited:
Could you add me to the list. Most certainly an interested party in this project.

Any idea when we may see some?

BTW spooky as I was spending time over the weekend knocking up something of my own along this route

820738_10151689940784782_81069600_o_zpsa0169380.jpg

I hope a weapon WILL be included in this set.

On the weapons front may I suggest tackling the Gallant? Maybe as both Pistol and Rifle versions or it at all possible, making the pistol and the accessories to convert to the rifle version? https://ptn.home.xs4all.nl/ArmorWeapon/Gallant.html

Currently I am scratch building one of these Gallants myself, along with the the following:
WOLFF SMG https://ptn.home.xs4all.nl/ArmorWeapon/Owens.html

Also the Laser Rifle too (name eludes me).

Ah great minds think alike! Nice job on him so far. Are those the boots from the 9" figure?
I just need the 10 interested first before he will even begin the digital sculpting.
Thanks for the link to the weapons, I could use all the info/specs I can on this guy. I think we need to add a weapon, we'll see how much it will add to the price.

They are the Boots/Fore arm from the old 1/10 One from waaay back in the 80s.
They always looked too big for the figure so took the gamble and took mine apart to see and was happy enough.
Large%20Ride%20Armor%20Rider.jpg

Still going to carry on with this one even though signed up with your project.

If it is fine with you I can post MORE ref photos etc on the weapons and even of the CVR-3 armour from the show/art work?

They are the Boots/Fore arm from the old 1/10 One from waaay back in the 80s.
They always looked too big for the figure so took the gamble and took mine apart to see and was happy enough.
Large%20Ride%20Armor%20Rider.jpg

Still going to carry on with this one even though signed up with your project.

If it is fine with you I can post MORE ref photos etc on the weapons and even of the CVR-3 armour from the show/art work?

That's the kit we plan on using for our model. Feel free to upload all the referenced photo's, drawings, etc. the more the merrier! I plan on making the armor more proportionate to the body than the one shown. I'm aiming for it to look more like the pic I used in the first post.

Well indeed Great minds and all that LOL

As said this figure is the perfect base to take the legs and fore arms from for 1/6th.

I was wondering concerning the Lower Leg section. I am contemplating actually removing the feet and sculpting a new set and having a BALL joint connection. So Having articulated feet.

You doing this with your reworked leg sections?

I am basing it along the lines of the CM MOSPEADA Brave Rider figures (1/18th scale)
CMS-Riding-Figure-4.jpg

As you can see it is a simple Ball joint to the feet section. They added the "Cuff" section as articulated too, to hide the Ball joint I presume and not hinder foot articulation.
BTW these guys are awesome and for 4" figures have a great range of articulation (got 20 of them myself LOL).

As for REF stuff, happy to help not only yourself but for anyone still on the fence on who these guys are and what could be done with them.

First one if the two Large Toy figures (none 1/6th scale) and artwork.
Beagle-Riding-Figure-1.jpg

The Man and the Machine
mospeada-remake-02.jpg

armor-01.gif

armor-02.gif

armor-06.gif

armor-05.gif

armor-04.gif

Rifle
vr-052f-ep-37.jpg

Oh forgot to post, here's mine showing Leg articulation works a treat with the Lower Leg Armour.

793863_10151689943694782_885301056_o_zpsfee7c2fd.jpg

So rest assured these lower legs are perfect.

Also as you can see from the art work, sketches. The Lower Leg armour also changes in dimensions. Some do Stocky lower Leg Armour and others do more sleeker leg armour.

I personally like the sleeker as it would make the wearer more able to still maintain a decent amount of activity than the stocky version.
Though guess that is about personal choice and like anything related to game/comic/animation. getting truly solid ref that is consistent is always hard.

Nice!
I really hope this project will take off.
I gave the BEAGLE cyclone and its awesome.

Did you posted on Robotech related boards and forums?

Last edited:
Wow big guy, thanks for the reference photos! These are great. I hope we can get a few more interested, as I am psyched to get this project going.

Back