Full figure [Scaletta] Heimdall - Thor: The Dark World !CLOSED!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [Scaletta] Heimdall - Dark World version

I'm thinking about helmet head and helmetless normal size head, because normal size head will be easily damaged with the helmet - it will be too tight to fit inside, no need to risk I think))

I think that that is a smart decision.

How much is it?

Price range is around $600-700 - real metal works ain`t cheap:) But we will have a deposits system to make it easier for collectors to pay)

Guys, i see 11 people. If y`all sure in, i think we can try to go forward. Here is a question for y`all - there 2 possible variants: 1) Metal like first version 2) Plastic armour with metal sword. Wich one we all prefer? Plastic would be cheaper, but metal will look very cool on a shelves. Hope to hear from y`all soon:)

I'd be in for plastic armor version if it brought the price down.

I'd love to have a Heimdall on my shelf, and am willing to pay for quality custom work, but honestly he's just not a $700 character for me.

Also curious on what price difference would be with the plastic armor

It's difficult to say how it will look visually, we've seen a lot of plastic armors on Hot toys and they look good. Depends on the price, I'm fine with metal honestly.

Price for the plastic option?

If metal is somewhere in $700 area, plastic would be closer to $500, but - plastic will need to be painted (some extra cost) - we was working on Dredd figure with his golden shoulder armour parts - let`s say pastic and metal are 2 different stories:) I`d suggest to make him in metal, but we have 11 in the list, so we need to make a decisions and move forward or cancel this list:)

Please put me in the list!

Yea, metal will look better for sure:)

You can put me on the list if you end up doing plastic. Metal is a waste as far as I'm concerned. Not paying $700 for a material that won't look any better in the shelf.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Check the first post with a previous version of Heimdall in metal, I think it looks nice, no? As for plastic - it will look like a painted plastic, good but not like real metal, no?

I didn't say it didn't look good, I said making it out of metal doesn't make it look BETTER than plastic painted to look like metal. I could easily achieve that look with a chrome base layer and a gold/brass top layer.

The only difference metal makes is in the heft of the character when handled, and while I love my die cast Iron Men, side by side on the shelf next to to their plastic counterparts, nobody can tell the difference.

I'd love to have a Heimdall, but not at $700 just to use a material that is completely unnecessary, and for a character that has maybe 6 minutes accumulated screen time across three movies.

I didn't say it didn't look good, I said making it out of metal doesn't make it look BETTER than plastic painted to look like metal. I could easily achieve that look with a chrome base layer and a gold/brass top layer.

The only difference metal makes is in the heft of the character when handled, and while I love my die cast Iron Men, side by side on the shelf next to to their plastic counterparts, nobody can tell the difference.

I'd love to have a Heimdall, but not at $700 just to use a material that is completely unnecessary, and for a character that has maybe 6 minutes accumulated screen time across three movies.

You've seen Thor Ragnarok already? How?

You've seen Thor Ragnarok already? How?
Three movies so far: Thor 1,Thor 2 and AoU.

However long he ends up on screen in Ragnarok, based in the trailers he's not even wearing this armor. Regardless, the point stands: he's a supporting character. I'd love to have him in sixth scale, but shelling out PF prices for it? And the only difference is that the armor is molded in metal instead of plastic? It. Just doesn't seem like a worthwhile use of resources to me.

And if he doesn't want to do it in plastic, I dunno why he even pitched it as a cheaper alternative.

Three movies so far: Thor 1,Thor 2 and AoU.

However long he ends up on screen in Ragnarok, based in the trailers he's not even wearing this armor. Regardless, the point stands: he's a supporting character. I'd love to have him in sixth scale, but shelling out PF prices for it? And the only difference is that the armor is molded in metal instead of plastic? It. Just doesn't seem like a worthwhile use of resources to me.

And if he doesn't want to do it in plastic, I dunno why he even pitched it as a cheaper alternative.

Thats just simple economics right? No one else is doing a Heimdall and there are people that are willing to pay the price he is asking. Supply and demand.

If you dont like the price, move on. I get this disdainful tone reading your posts.. Its like you have a problem with the dude and/or his business.

Back