Shinkawa Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid 1 by Amnur Interest Thread

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack D

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am going to commission Amnur to sculpt a Solid Snake headsculpt based on the artwork of Yoji Shinkawa. As many of you know, Snake has a distinct appearance and I want it done right.

Price will be $45 a head, unpainted, neckless with sculpted bandana.
We need AT LEAST 5 people to buy to get at this price.

For those unfamiliar with Amnur's work, here is the current project he's working on :

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104874

As you can see he managed to capture the look of Guts. I think that he can pull off an excellent Yoji Shinkawa Solid Snake, as seen in the numerous artworks and concept sketches. This will NOT be a realistic looking Snake, this will NOT be the "Young Snake" mask from MGS4: This WILL be a straight up wolfish, lean and mean Solid Snake from Shadow Moses Incident that is THE iconic version of Snake to many fans.

So, I'm putting this thread up to gauge interest in this sculpt. Also, please feel free to make any suggestion that you all feel would make this THE Solid Snake sculpt. This is our chance as Metal Gear fans to have a really good version of the artwork Snake. Also, depending on how this goes, this will hopefully be the first in a series of Metal Gear characters, so please let me know what you all would like to see.

THANKS!

- JACK

FIrst pics of the head

get-attachmentaspx-7.jpg

INTERESTED:

1. elvis1976 PAID

3. Krec9
4. Platty
5. Snake Eater
6. TonyMeis PAID, 2 SCULPTS
7. pcleemake PAID
8. ezkiel6
9. JohnnyStarquest PAID

12. darmoor PAID
13. Lordraven80 PAID
14. Razorskull PAID
15. Science Friction PAID

Last edited:
Re: Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid 1 by Amnur Interest Thread

Great. Just to clarify, this will be just Snake from MGS1 for the "first wave". Snake from MGS2 is definitely in the pipeline, as well as Liquid.

Obviously the continuation of the series depends on the involvement of Amnur, but in all honesty, to me this a "labor of love" project and I want MANY, if not ALL, of the characters done!

I'm in for MGS1 Snake, but Elvis has to help me out with my bash. ;)

Great. Just to clarify, this will be just Snake from MGS1 for the "first wave". Snake from MGS2 is definitely in the pipeline, as well as Liquid.

Obviously the continuation of the series depends on the involvement of Amnur, but in all honesty, to me this a "labor of love" project and I want MANY, if not ALL, of the characters done!

You know i'm in for everything MGS, if you saw my collection :panic:

Count me in

Is this amnur next commission ? I know after his next project he might do casca from berserk

You know i'm in for everything MGS, if you saw my collection :panic:

Yup. Sure did LOL and actually it was all your recent work that gave me the second wind I needed to get this project going (that and seeing that Guts sculpt!)

Thanks guys, I'm happy at the response!

Is this amnur next commission ? I know after his next project he might do casca from berserk

When I brought this idea to Amnur, he said he was working on two other commissions as well, so yeah it's possible that Casca is one of them though I'm not sure.

Sounds good, thanks guys.

TonyMeis: You had a Solid Snake sculpt you did years back, I believe you modified the Konami Solid Snake sculpt. To me, this was the most perfect rendition I've seen of Solid Snake. Great job! Also, sent you an email.

Guys, I'd like your opinions on this....I'm trying to decide whether the bandanna should be sculpted on or not....if it is not sculpted on, the Solid Snake sculpt could be modified to make Liquid and Solidus. Though I suppose once the initial Snake is done, then making the small modifications necessary to make Solid Snake MGS2, Liquid, Big Boss, Solidus shouldn't be too difficult.

Ideas?

Back