Shinkawa Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid 1 by Amnur Interest Thread

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I'm thinking sculpted is the best way to go.

As far as Sniper Wolf and Meryl, as long as Amnur wants to continue the project then they will definitely be done. Guys my goal is to get accurate sculpts of all the major players, I'm a big MG nerd haha so I want to see all them get some 1/6 love.

Now I just gotta learn to paint lol or find someone to paint these sculpts for me.

Sounds good, thanks guys.

TonyMeis: You had a Solid Snake sculpt you did years back, I believe you modified the Konami Solid Snake sculpt. To me, this was the most perfect rendition I've seen of Solid Snake. Great job! Also, sent you an email.

Thank you, that was a very very old project i did back when first starting 1/6 mod.

possible to make the head a tad smaller for the HT body. In the illustration, his proportion is more fashion like. I believe Elvis1976 Batman Year One proportion is just perfect! :clap

I think that is a pretty good proportion headwise.

P1020233-1.jpg

Thanks for the input guys.
I asked Amnur to make it compatible with the HT muscle true type, and sent him a good amount of Shinkawa artwork of Snakes face from various angles as well as his head, chest and shoulders so he can have an idea of proportion. so we will see what he comes up with and go from there.

No, thank YOU Tony, and the rest of you guys, for helping to make this project happen. This is our chance to pick up the ball Hot Toys dropped so badly.

Hey guys, just wanted to bring this back up.

As you guys who got the Guts sculpt have seen, Amnur's work is top notch. I am very excited to see Solid Snake. As I stated previously, Amnur and I have discussed the possibility of sculpting a series of MGS characters. I'd like to take this opportunity to brainstorm a bit with you all, as to who you'd like to see next.

Personally, I'm thinking Revolver Ocelot from MGS1/2, and as with Snake, based off of the artwork of Yoji Shinkawa.

Who would you guys like to see next? This is OUR project, I'm just organizing it, so let's work together to create the best MGS figures we can!

- Jack

Hey guys, just wanted to bring this back up.

As you guys who got the Guts sculpt have seen, Amnur's work is top notch. I am very excited to see Solid Snake. As I stated previously, Amnur and I have discussed the possibility of sculpting a series of MGS characters. I'd like to take this opportunity to brainstorm a bit with you all, as to who you'd like to see next.

Personally, I'm thinking Revolver Ocelot from MGS1/2, and as with Snake, based off of the artwork of Yoji Shinkawa.

Who would you guys like to see next? This is OUR project, I'm just organizing it, so let's work together to create the best MGS figures we can!

- Jack

Is liquid possible?

Absolutely. He's a given. As long as Amnur is willing to sculpt, I plan on having most of the characters done, even if I have to fund the project by myself.

Same here Tony, after getting my Guts sculpts and seeing the WIP for Zodd, I'm VERY excited.

I believe I read somewhere Amnur has started on this already.I may be mistaken. Not sure if it was in an email chat with him or on this forum. Hopefully we'll see something soon.

I believe I read somewhere Amnur has started on this already.I may be mistaken. Not sure if it was in an email chat with him or on this forum. Hopefully we'll see something soon.

It was on the forum, in the thread for the character "Murdock". I haven't heard any news yet, and since I knew going into this he had two sculpts to do before he started Snake, I haven't been bothering him with messages. Being patient for good 1/6 MGS stuff is something I've gotten quite good at LOL.

It was on the forum, in the thread for the character "Murdock". I haven't heard any news yet, and since I knew going into this he had two sculpts to do before he started Snake, I haven't been bothering him with messages. Being patient for good 1/6 MGS stuff is something I've gotten quite good at LOL.

found this online new art work looking forward to this project if u need good ref of mgs i have them from a old art based on the first mgs

snake_painting_by_shinkawa_and_signed_by_kojima.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I`m working on Solid and Zodd at the same time.
Murdoc comes after Solid.
:rock

Back