Shinkawa Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid 1 by Amnur Interest Thread

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks awesome. I agree with Elvis, IF POSSIBLE, to make the head a bit smaller than Guts, to match the look of the manga-esque style of Shinkawa art. BUT if this is an issue, or like Elvis said, everyone wants regular size, then leave it.

Best Solid Snake sculpt ever!

Should be like this

20100228205111Solid_Snake_The_Twin_Snakes.jpg

Like this size, perfect!

hey guys just wanted to share just got some wips pics back for zodd and also got this

get-attachmentaspx-7.jpg

Sorry mods, but...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwrCEX1ElJ8[/ame]

And yeah, would like to see it on a body too.
But even tho I agree that Guts head was a bit oversized I can't agree that THIS head should be as small relative to the body as it shown in Shinkawa's drawings cuz in the end it's not gonna be used for a cartoon styled figures (by most of us at least).​

Personally I wouldn't want a head that is too small, a small head looks ok in artwork and stuff but how well does that translate to a figure...I can see a bunch of figures with standard 1:6 bodies and small heads. Though I do appreciate the head is based on Shinjawa's artwork and it is small in that! :peace: :)

I think if it's slightly smaller than the Guts sculpt, to be based around an HT TTM19 body, than it will be good to go. I don't think it needs to be made especially small, just enough so that it fits well with the body.

The Guts sculpt is the best of the character, but on the TTM19 body which I'm sure many will be using, it looks a bit large.

All in all though, I am just extremely happy that a proper headsculpt of Solid Snake will finally be done.

Yes I agree about the hair, a bit longer like the drawing.

Ok, I can do that!
I just received my Play Arts Solid Snake. And the head is a really pin head.
Don't like that sculpt. Gonna make my own....
:rock

Damn AMnur that head is already almost perfect!

EXACTLY! I don't believe the hair needs to be made much longer, personally I think it's fine as it is now, and sometimes when the longer hair is sculpted it starts resembling an afro LOL.

I agree, leave them as is. :)

:1-1::goodpost:

I just think it's such a great job, I'd hate to see it messed up by us asking for a bunch of tweaking. I think the main thing is to just make sure it's sized properly for the HT body, and it's perfect. The hair looks great, the facial features...his cheeks, the chin, the expression...THAT'S SNAKE RIGHT THERE!

Seeing this, I really can't wait to have more MGS characters done!

MGS2 SNAKE will look amazing! What do you guys think about that for the next one?

SNAAAAAAAAAAKE!

I have my figure all ready bring on the head!

What about Liquid, Meryl, Sniper Wolf, Vulcan Raven!

EVERY ONE MUST BE DONE!!! This is the Year of MGS for sure.
Personally, I'd like MGS2 Snake, Ocelot from MGS1 and Solidus done next.

Seriously though, if there is demand/interest and Amnur wants to keep going, along with the things Tony and Crystal have in store, I think this could be extremely well-done MGS line of figures that will rival and/or exceed HT.

:rock

I'd Personally love to see otacon, I love his and snakes bromance :lol nah seriously though the partnership they have is great.

Back