[WeAreToyz] Dr. Schultz Full Figure (YUNSIL + WeAreToyz team) LIST CLOSED

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [WeAreToyz] Dr. Schultz Full Figure (YUNSIL + WeAreToyz team)

Pls add for djangoo hehe...

Please add me for Dr. Schultz. Thanks!!!

Hi Guys, started working on the porto clothing for this guy, question for you, I was watching the film and checking pictures online and the coat is a light brown color, no light gray, correct?

So I have these 2 color options, I think the brown one is the correct one, what do you think?

20140912_113047_zpscf5d6e2e.jpg

django_coatcolor_zps6562531b.jpg

20140912_113028_zps113d99d5.jpg

It depends on personal preference. The movie has a sepia colour edit. Therefore an originally grey coat might look a little brownish in the movie. Its similar to Ledger Jokers blazer, which was grey but appeared blue in the movie because of the higher blue contrast.

This being said, I would go for the brownish variant just to add some colour to the overal appeareance. Your choice has been very good btw. :hi5:

I think the coat is gray and the film tint makes it appear brownish like KingGrayskull said. Here's a photo of Schultz in what appears to be natural light.

e50c9c96cade6ad2a82596c99ad9078b.jpg

In this instance, I would prefer the onscreen appearance and would go with the brownish color. Besides the tint of the film, the brown also suggests a bit of weathering, like gray that has been worn and gotten dirty and there are hints of that on the coat in natural light.

I think the coat is gray and the film tint makes it appear brownish like KingGrayskull said. Here's a photo of Schultz in what appears to be natural light.

View attachment 133191

In this instance, I would prefer the onscreen appearance and would go with the brownish color. Besides the tint of the film, the brown also suggests a bit of weathering, like gray that has been worn and gotten dirty and there are hints of that on the coat in natural light.

Great points, I agree!

View attachment 133191

:lecture :goodpost:

I would lean gray. My concern with the brown is how it will affect the rest of the outfit. The hat (clearly gray w/ a charcoal/bluish band), vest (gray/charcoal plaid), piping on the jacket ( dark charcoal) all are complementing the gray coat. Would these all be changed to colors in the brown family?

Just my thoughts - either way both fabrics are nice and I can't wait for this figure!

I agree that which ever choice is made it should be made to work as a whole outfit not just spectate pieces, so if brown make sure it flows throughout the whole outfit and vice versa with gray.

I would lean gray. My concern with the brown is how it will affect the rest of the outfit. The hat (clearly gray w/ a charcoal/bluish band), vest (gray/charcoal plaid), piping on the jacket ( dark charcoal) all are complementing the gray coat. Would these all be changed to colors in the brown family?

Just my thoughts - either way both fabrics are nice and I can't wait for this figure!

Hmm... good point. We don't want Schultz looking like the Technicolor Dreamcoat. And if the sepia tones from the film are maintained throughout, then that should probably extend to Django to be consistent. I remember seeing pictures of Enterbay's Django and being jarred by how variable the color of his jacket appeared. Depending on the picture, it looked like forest green, olive green, and lime green.

:exactly: :goodpost:

I would also go gray and not brown. It is a gamble to go brown and have that throw the entire outfit off but gray is a safe bet and I think more accurate as well. The picture that Pedro posted is really the only one where the coat appears to be a brownish color. Most of the other pics I've seen it looks to be a grayish color.

15055381647_3cc51bbb11.jpg

15241948585_9f2a2439b5.jpg

15055382757_b2c6f10e42_n.jpg

15218942936_cdf5f26b54.jpg

15218942156_e841e43117.jpg

:exactly: :goodpost:

I would also go gray and not brown. It is a gamble to go brown and have that throw the entire outfit off but gray is a safe bet and I think more accurate as well. The picture that Pedro posted is really the only one where the coat appears to be a brownish color. Most of the other pics I've seen it looks to be a grayish color.

15055381647_3cc51bbb11.jpg

15241948585_9f2a2439b5.jpg

15055382757_b2c6f10e42_n.jpg

15218942936_cdf5f26b54.jpg

15218942156_e841e43117.jpg

I'd say this should end the debate.

Ok, thanks for the feedback guys, grey it will be. I will pass this information to Sil.

Back