1/6 Luke & Leia swing bridge Dio

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any chance of getting one of these or is the commission closed?

unfortunately these are the last 3 and all spoken for. Jason and I did discuss wether we would do a second run but I don't think we will ( at least not this year )
We have a few commission builds that need to get done and after that I think it's landspeeder and Indiana Jones stuff for the rest of the year

Pete

The weather has been uncharacteristically sunny up here in Atlantis today ( It rains all the time, I'm not kidding my kids have developed webbed feet )
So I was able to make the most of it and got on with the priming without the aid of my paint tent

All was going well but I did a quick light test after the first coat and saw this

Yep, light leak.

Not sure why this is happening as it doesn't show when they are unpainted but once the primer went on there were a couple.
Jason sealed the joins but the light is finding it way through in a couple of spots.

So I have obliterated it with a few heavy coats of gloss black

unfortunately these are the last 3 and all spoken for. Jason and I did discuss wether we would do a second run but I don't think we will ( at least not this year )
We have a few commission builds that need to get done and after that I think it's landspeeder and Indiana Jones stuff for the rest of the year

Pete

No worries. I typically stay out of the custom threads, but had to check this one out after seeing it bumped so many times. Looks like some amazing work coming off your tables. Keep up the good work! :duff

Hopefully it'll be another mild day tomorrow and I can get the priming finished without getting frozen or soaked :lol and I'll update again once I've started airbrushing some colour

Pete

Pete

Yep, very interested in that Landspeeder !

You guys know I love doing these compares...

Insane how exact everything matches up.

COMP 2.jpg

Pete

Are you guys doing a 1/6 landspeeder run, and what is the Indiana Jones stuff? Is there a thread for those projects?

Luke: "I think we took the wrong turn."
Leia: "Nope you dummy. Just two steps down and we could run."

613371529725e53018df8b93acbb3307.jpg

Love the Jawas and R5D4. Can you post a bigger picture of them with the diorama background you used?

That shelf is like a detolf for 1/4 scale, djdirty! Looks great with those dioramas, much more room for multiple 1/6 figures without them looking crammed.

I was so confused for a second, thinking the Batman set-up was 1/6 and everything was somehow smaller even though I knew they were 1/6. :lol

Absolutely fantasic pics guys :clap

And you have some fantasic collections, I'm truly envious :gah:

Pete

Are you guys doing a 1/6 landspeeder run, and what is the Indiana Jones stuff? Is there a thread for those projects?

A landspeeder is on its way, I don't have any pics but Jay did post some progress shots further back in the thread.

We will be doing a couple of Indy builds one is the fireplace from The Last Crusade and the other has yet to be revealed.

We did a run of Mine carts a while ago but I think the pics in the thread were lost to the Photobucket FUBAR

And we also did a "buffer stop" add on too

While I'm here I'll do a quick update.

Primer is all done, just need to let it sit for a while so I can wet sand then onto paint this weekend

A landspeeder is on its way, I don't have any pics but Jay did post some progress shots further back in the thread.

We will be doing a couple of Indy builds one is the fireplace from The Last Crusade and the other has yet to be revealed.

Interested in what the other Indy reveal is.

Found the landspeeder pic - can't wait to see it once the proto's complete!:clap

Will it be all cast resin?

yep, I put together the prototype early last year and should be able to make a start on the final production model in the next few weeks.
This is only the prototype used for scaling and construction techniques, the finished build will be hugely better and almost 600mm (2ft) long
No fixed price or release date as yet chaps, sorry

View attachment 390606

Back