1/6 scale posable seamless horses, waste of time or not?

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Masao

Freaked Out!
Reaction score
I have been trying to solve a puzzle for quite a while now. I think I have cracked it.

I realized that the solution could result in not only 1/4 scale seamless humanoid bodies but 1/6 scale seamless horses.

The question is: will this be worth the effort? Is there anyone interested in such a thing?

Last edited:
There may be a few people interested, for Indiana Jones, for instance, but the price could be a thing I guess...

Nohuanda Equine Art / Luis M. Aguilar makes some amazing horses & work with people also that makes custom tack.

2022-10-31_04-30-17.jpg

2022-10-31_04-29-26.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nohuanda/with/26774623721/
Here is custom model for sale for 1800$ - not sure what Luis M. Aguilar charges for horses tho...

Olde Man With Tack.jpg

https://modelhorsesalespages.com/view.asp?id=1525084#slider

Very excellent tack work. The horses look good for static horses. But, this is not what I am asking.

Last edited:
Read to fast - you mean posable/flexible horse of course.

Looking at how few good 1/6 horses there are it will probably be difficult to get both good horse + posable.

Some of the mrz static horses are ok...but not quite there, some details are not right etc. Mane and tails all over the place.

Tack is often bad... james dean 1/6 scale horse for example - looks like bit it just hanging in mouth? And reminds me a bit of a 'barbie horse'....if you have high quality figure then horse as accessory should not drag it down.

Especially the 1/6 armored/war horses I have seen are not very good....

I would think making a posable would be more difficult than a static? Also most of the 'character horses' are quite small, mustang and middle-weight type horses - so to get legs, neck, build etc right does not give much room to work with?

I have been looking at horses and would go for excellent sculpt and track before posable any day....

Also for many non-horse people it will probably be quite difficult to pose horse right - I mean it is difficult with the human figures already?

Would love to see a high quality custom Indiana Jones horse - the black crusade version with elaborate tack.

Of the mass produced static horses I think I like the mrz 1/6 Scale white Shire Horse best - upgrade with some quality tack and that might be good set. But not so many characters using shire horse....

Also if a quality posable horse was possible I am pretty sure the Breyer people would be all over that? - model horses in various smaller scales are quite popular I gather.

Last edited:
Your post made me think tho - it is odd that nobody made upgrade of the Marx Toys 1970s The Lone Ranger horses - I think they were actually quite good for what they were/price. And horses/donkey were much better than the human figures.

If you google bandit, silver, scout you can also see people cant pose them...

Such a thing is very niche, and more likely a real passion project I think. There are definitely some great possibilities, particularly with some Eastwood characters or even Hawkeye from last of the Mohicans. Again, there's a market for everything.

Hun Zuo Toys "1/6 War Horse Moveable Seamless Horse Figure". As I recall, this was released at least a year ago, sometimes available on ebay. Try a google search for : Hun Zuo 1/6 horse. May turn up more info.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-06 at 18-00-49 Hun Zuo toys 1_6 War Horse Movable Seamless Flexible Ancient...png
    Screenshot 2022-11-06 at 18-00-49 Hun Zuo toys 1_6 War Horse Movable Seamless Flexible Ancient...png
    161.5 KB · Views: 0
Such a thing is very niche, and more likely a real passion project I think. There are definitely some great possibilities, particularly with some Eastwood characters or even Hawkeye from last of the Mohicans. Again, there's a market for everything.
Hmm, I think I might like a Clint Eastwood from Tarantula.

Hun Zuo Toys "1/6 War Horse Moveable Seamless Horse Figure". As I recall, this was released at least a year ago, sometimes available on ebay. Try a google search for : Hun Zuo 1/6 horse. May turn up more info.
Looked for more photos - but only found the one you also show....odd..Would never buy such expensive figure based on one grainy photo.

Especially considering how horses often are not so good.

Shadowfax with the new Gandalf figure is also not quite there. The front legs are not right (bowing inward) and the mane looks like quickly cut doll hair. Mane can perhaps be fixed but the front legs are kinda bad.

Back