Help regarding commissions from 1/6 custom artists on IG (yixie1983, por.toys)

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mogli

Freaked Out!
Reaction score
I saw several custom 1/6 artists on IG and was curious about commissions, but I never commissioned anything from IG before and had some questions I was hoping to have help with, I'm mostly unfamiliar with the whole custom scene, so I apologize if I ask something that is silly or common knowledge. I'll separate my questions by artist below.

yixie1983: For yixie1983 on IG, has anyone commissioned anything or have knowledge of their commission process? Do I just send a DM and they provide a price quote or decline my request? What price could I expect for a whole custom painted figure? I noticed their Oppenheimer is apparently $899 painted, but I assume this is because many people will order, and I was curious about the price for a single figure commission.

por.toys: When por.toys on IG announces a preorder, do I just send a DM to secure my order? I couldn't find ordering instructions. Also, does por.toys take commissions, and does anyone know what price a full, painted figure from them might cost, if they offer that?

Thanks for any information!

Last edited:
I saw several custom 1/6 artists on IG and was curious about commissions, but I never commissioned anything from IG before and had some questions I was hoping to have help with, I'm mostly unfamiliar with the whole custom scene, so I apologize if I ask something that is silly or common knowledge. I'll separate my questions by artist below.

yixie1983: For yixie1983 on IG, has anyone commissioned anything or have knowledge of their commission process? Do I just send a DM and they provide a price quote or decline my request? What price could I expect for a whole custom painted figure? I noticed their Oppenheimer is apparently $899 painted, but I assume this is because many people will order, and I was curious about the price for a single figure commission.

por.toys: When por.toys on IG announces a preorder, do I just send a DM to secure my order? I couldn't find ordering instructions. Also, does por.toys take commissions, and does anyone know what price a full, painted figure from them might cost, if they offer that?

Thanks for any information!
It's going to be a while before someone replies here so I'll reply with what I've experienced generally:

I would recommend for both users to just send a DM. If it's something specific that they've already done or are doing, then I'd reference that in your DM. For both users, again, I'd recommend you just tell them what you're looking to have done and they should quote you from that.

If they care, even if they're very busy, they'll reply. If they don't, well that means the search for someone to do what you'd like continues. Normally they have on their profile that they're open for commissions.

I've used both for sculpts, and they both went smoothly. For more expensive full figure items, you could make a deposit usually; make sure to use PayPal goods and services; there is a time limit of when you could issue an issue response to PP and get your money back, so look into it. But, yes, I've used both of them and had success. Note that some of the full-figure projects can take quite some time. I've waited up to 2 years plus for a figure sometimes. So...settle in.

It's going to be a while before someone replies here so I'll reply with what I've experienced generally:

I would recommend for both users to just send a DM. If it's something specific that they've already done or are doing, then I'd reference that in your DM. For both users, again, I'd recommend you just tell them what you're looking to have done and they should quote you from that.

If they care, even if they're very busy, they'll reply. If they don't, well that means the search for someone to do what you'd like continues. Normally they have on their profile that they're open for commissions.
Thank you, this is very helpful! I will go ahead and send a DM, I was hesitant because I didn't want to come off as bugging them, but your message makes me feel a whole lot better about it! yixie does say commissions are open so I better hurry and message lol. They are both really good so I'm really hoping they accept, I will just ask first instead of overthinking it lol. I really appreciate your help!

Last edited:
I've used both for sculpts, and they both went smoothly. For more expensive full figure items, you could make a deposit usually; make sure to use PayPal goods and services; there is a time limit of when you could issue an issue response to PP and get your money back, so look into it. But, yes, I've used both of them and had success. Note that some of the full-figure projects can take quite some time. I've waited up to 2 years plus for a figure sometimes. So...settle in.
That is awesome, thank you for sharing! All your advice is super helpful. I'm really glad to hear you worked with both of them, and I didn't know what time frame to expect but I will definitely keep that in mind now. I actually was wondering about full figures too instead of just sculpts, so I'll make sure I have the patience to wait before asking about that. Thanks again for the help!

Back