Anybody wanna make us some stands for spare heads?

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maglor

Super Freak
Reaction score
:pray:

I saw this in the New Goblin thread:

251638_10150215195027825_171015147824_7166129_6457074_n.jpg

I could use a couple of these, but Hot Toys doesn't sell them. Doesn't seem like it would be all that hard to make if one had the right materials/equipment.

• Would anybody else be interested in buying a few?
  • Would anybody like to take a shot at making some?

THose stand actually comes for something that exists already.

Those actyally are the Y shape stands that you can buy on ebay but without the Y shape.

I think I'll buy 4 right away. I love 7toys7. I hope they'll combine shipping...

^^^ Did you have to shorten the post or just take out the Y piece?

...actually, yours looks longer than the one in the Hot Toys pic above. Wonder if they shortened theirs. Is the whole thing (including the post) made out of metal?

^^^ Did you have to shorten the post or just take out the Y piece?

...actually, yours looks longer than the one in the Hot Toys pic above. Wonder if they shortened theirs. Is the whole thing (including the post) made out of metal?

They didn't shorten it, the head is all the way down(top of post is touch the top of the head inside). I used a piece of wood dowel in mine to hold the head up higher. Actually it depends on the HS, if it has a neck or not. And the Y come right out, just squeeze it and pull.

100_4889.jpg

I also use them with the Y still in.

100_4843-1.jpg

Last edited:
Groovy.

And looking at your first pic, they are clearly metal. :)

Groovy.

And looking at your first pic, they are clearly metal. :)

My thought process after reading that: "How did he know it was metal? ... ... ... ... ohhhhhhh."

But yeah, I've got the head pretty far down on there. I could have it up maybe a half inch higher and it'd still have a good grip. But yeah, all metal (the base screws into the pole, so it's sturdy).

That is an awesome little display for the T-1000 head. I bought a spare T-1000 body, and it came with an extra set of bullet damages, which are just sitting around. I might have to steal that idea.

I always debate displaying just the heads. It seems like such a shame to have a great sculpt sitting in a box, but at the same time the decapitated head display always seemed a bit strange to me.

I've had the same concern, but I'd like to think it will look classy. :)

I think some will look better than others - masks, monster / alien type heads, etc. Humans seem the most hit or miss.

But I think as long as you don't have a row of heads, like a warning to potential intruders, it should be good.

Well, I received 4 "Y stands" from 7toys7 last week. I have three of them in use. This is the display I mainly had in mind when I was seeking these out:

P1140100.jpg

P1140098.jpg

The RDJ is just so excellent, I hated not being able to show it off.

I don't mind the 'disembodied head' display. What do you all think?

Well, I received 4 "Y stands" from 7toys7 last week. I have three of them in use. This is the display I mainly had in mind when I was seeking these out:

P1140100.jpg

P1140098.jpg

The RDJ is just so excellent, I hated not being able to show it off.

I don't mind the 'disembodied head' display. What do you all think?

I like it. Nice display Maglor :clap

Back