Bespin Han "resculpt"

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChibiSchmoo

Freakazoid
Reaction score
Here is a little experiment I wanted to try - an attempt to fix the Sideshow figure that bugs me most. It's not an actual "resculpt", but more than just a "recast". I combined the Indiana Jones face with the Bespin Han hair. First I made a cast of the Raiders Indiana Jones head - hat version - without the hat. Then i made a rubber mold of the Bespin Han head and cut the face out of it. Poured resin into this Han mold and then held the Indy head in position as the resin hardened around it. Was left with a pretty ugly seam down the sides of the cheeks which I filed off after it hardened. There was also a cavity running across the forehead which was a little harder to fill and fix - you'll see its still a little rough in the final pictures. I had to paint it up some to see if I managed to clean it up successfully, but just kept painting until it was finished.
bespin-han-views1.jpg

bespin-han-views2.jpg

It's certainly an improvement! I already like it much better than the Sideshow Bespin Han head.

Thats awesome. A very cool process as well. Very creative. The sculpt looks really good. Great work!!

much better on the face, but i was never that sold on the hair to begin with either... the overall mix looks pretty good, though I wonder if the forehead can be shrunk a bit?

Back